Cambodian for Beginners
By Paiboon Publishing, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cambodian for Beginners iOS description
Cambodian for Beginners, the best guide to learning beginning Khmer is now a
Smartphone app from Paiboon Publishing, the most trusted name in language learning
Introduction to Cambodian for Beginners app
* Cambodian for Beginners app is designed for people who are just starting to study the
Cambodian language and for those who want to improve their basic Khmer. It teaches the
language skills of speaking, listening and reading.
* Each of the ten lessons provides vocabulary and sentences and an in-depth study of
a specific subject. Information is also provided on Useful Words and Phrases and a
Summary of the Cambodian Writing System.
* Every item is presented in three ways: the Cambodian spelling, a transliteration and a
definition in English. In addition, a native Cambodian speaker says the word, or phrase so
you can hear the actual, correct pronunciation.
* The transliteration system assists you with pronunciation while you are learning the
Cambodian alphabet. It’s important that you learn to properly pronounce the sounds of
* Learning the Khmer language couldn’t be easier with Richard K. Gilbert’s talking
Cambodian language app by Paiboon Publishing.
* This app teaches you the language skills of speaking, listening and reading Cambodian.
* The lessons follow the format of the Cambodian for Beginners book, but a real
Cambodian native voice speaks each of the words and phrases.
* Hear a phrase over and over until you can say it correctly. Just click on it.
* Test your ability to hear and understand Cambodian with the built-in interactive
exercises. You can retake the exercises after studying and improve your score.
* An advanced level feature allows you to turn off the automatic spoken word so you can
test your ability to read the Cambodian script.
Advantages of the Cambodian for Beginners app
* Hearing the spoken Cambodian will help you increase the speed of learning the
language that no book alone can do.
* Paiboon’s system of transliteration shows you how the Cambodian words are
pronounced using English letters so you don’t have to be able to read the Cambodian
What's New in Version 2.0
New Features in V2.0
Now you can hide the English text with the "show/hide" feature.
Play all items in a lesson with the "play all" feature.
Audio for Appendix 2
Appendix 2 needs audio! It's important to be able to hear the way the consonants and the vowels are pronounced. Other apps I've found have included audio. This app was pricey compared to those and should be included. I had to break down and spend $40+ to buy the CD's. A bunch of my friends have the app as well and have made the same request.
If you want to learn khmer on an app, this is the best available - and really the only serious option.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 27, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 78.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PAIBOON PUBLISHING INCORPORATED
- © Paiboon Publishing 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.