By Twenty Sided Planet
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: The Baffler! is for the iPad 2 and new iPad only.
Prepare for quite possibly the most unique jigsaw puzzle experience on the planet!
Based on renowned puzzlemaker Chris Yates' whimsical hand-cut wooden designs, each Baffler will simultaneously delight and confound you.
There are fifteen puzzles here for folks of all tastes and abilities, from super-tough abstract multi-level Bafflers, to relaxing and adorable critter Bafflers (and just about everything in between)!
And if you wish, test your Baffler skills against the world (or yourself) with the timer and leaderboard features.
And stay tuned - we'll be releasing lots more puzzles to test your puzzle skills.
Trust us, once you Baffle, you're going to want more.
Lovingly created for you by Twenty Sided Planet & Chris Yates Studios.
What's New in Version 1.01
- Added the ability to view the completed puzzle while solving! (tap icon on lower left corner)
- Fixed occasional graphical bug on puzzle complete screen
- Added button left landscape support
- Changed partially complete puzzles to show percentage progress
Now available: the Lovely Landscape Suite! Five bafflers with a landscape theme to tax your brain!
Not quite done
This would be five stars - fun, addictive, challenging - except:
1. The picture of the completed puzzle is not clear enough;
2. Round pieces - eyes, buttons - cannot be aligned to drop in place other than by chance - naturally this messes up the time clock;
3. Manipulation of the pieces and zooming in & out can be erratic;
4. In zoomed mode, the remaining pieces zoom more than the placed ones, and often won't drop in place until you return to normal perspective.
Re 2, I couldn't complete the Executive Giraffe even though I had solved the puzzle. The last three pieces, one eye & two buttons,
wouldn't drop into place, except for one button that accidentally was correctly aligned. So I would not have been able to unlock the final puzzle in the group. I finally managed to get the pieces to drop by going into System > General > Accessibility > Zoom and using the increased zoom, I could discern minute differences that allowed me to get the alignment right.
Beautiful but frustrating
This is perhaps the most beautiful app I've ever tried, and I wish I could give it five stars. But three glitches make completing a puzzle a frustrating experience.
1. If you are going to include a reference picture, please make it large and clear enough to be of some use. Even when zoomed to the larger size, it is of little use.
2. Pinch and zoom only works intermittently.
3. It is sometimes impossible to get the final piece to drop into place, leaving the puzzle permanently unfinished.
If you can fix these problems, this would be the best puzzle app available. As it is now, I often quit the game in frustration.
Hours of fun
Great puzzle app--love how I can walk away (some of these take awhile) and not have to worry that my cats will steal the pieces. The 15 puzzles it comes with are plenty challenging for me (there are three suites of 5--you have to complete the first 4 in a suite to open up the "locked" reward puzzle). I gather other suites will be released as in app purchases over time. Can't wait to try some of Yates' multi-level puzzles--hopefully some will be released soon.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 24, 2012
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 140 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Twenty Sided Planet, LLC
- © 2012 Twenty Sided Planet, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Lovely Landscape Suite$0.99
- Multilevel Madness Suite$0.99
- Total Relax Suite$0.99
- Science Suite$0.99
- Space Suite$0.99