The Beatles Story
By Rok Operations
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
ENTER A WORLD WHERE EVERYTHING IS FAB FOUR!
The Beatles Story comic app is a must have for any music fan.
The biggest band ever now has an app in which their story brought to life with stunning comic art, amazing audio and unforgettable 1960s-inspired music.
Beautifully realized, "The Beatles Story" comic charts the history of the band from their struggle for success in the early 1960s through their entire career until the band's split in 1970.
Told over eight issues, the comic by Angus Allen and Arthur Ranson, first published in the British weekly comic Look-In, is beautifully enhanced for its first digital edition with a full audio soundtrack, bringing the characters to life with voice actors, narration, sound effects and music from acclaimed cover group The Fab Beatles.
Are you a Beatles Fan or a Beatles Guru? Prove your prowess in eight rounds of questions on the lives of John, Paul, George and Ringo – not forgetting Pete Best, Stu Sutcliffe and the rest of the people who helped make the Beatles the superstars they became.
The quiz will test your knowledge to the full! Win Fan Badges and share your score with friends on social media!
Plus: as an added bonus, Angie McCartney, stepmother to Sir Paul, tells unique first hand stories about her life with the Fab Four!
- A fantastic classic comic with audio and swipe to read navigation
- Amazing fully-authored soundtrack brings the comic strip story to life!
- Audio anecdotes from Angie McCartney about The Beatles rise to fame!
- Rare Beatles Videos and interviews from the ROK Archive!
- Read a sample of Angie McCartney's biography, "My Long and Winding Road" - available on iBooks!
What's New in Version 3.2
Still doesn't load when purchased
I'll just echo the writer from January. My 9 year old loves the Beatles and really enjoyed the free first issue. We purchased the full set and also couldn't get it to work at all. I tried 3 different emails to the company over a period of a couple of weeks, on my own and as advised by the App Store support. I never got a response from the developer, but the iTunes rep was prompt, polite, and says I will be getting a refund within 10 business days.
Won't download purchased issues
My son really enjoyed the free issue, but the remaining issues we purchased would never download. Out $4 + tax because good luck getting iTunes to refund any money. If the app coding cannot work with later iOS versions, please update it or remove it from the store so that people don't waste their money. Very frustrating.
With my iPad 3 it got three stars. But on my 12.9" iPad Pro I can't get it to run
How come there are no landscape modes for this program on iPads? Specifically the 12.9" iPad Pro. That is the only way you can view it on the 6 Plus. The only way the iPad Pro views it is in Portrait mode. Why?
Please make it so that the program can install updates in the background and not just when you have the app open. It's frustrating to have it just sitting there installing and you can't do anything else.
And how about the "pages" in the comics automatically turning which would make it a far more together feeling instead of the awkward stops and starts at the end of one page and flipping to the next.
Also, make the rectangle that shows that it is updating bigger so that it is at least as tall as the letters on the pages. Then make it so that it is animated so that we can tell when it hangs, and it DOES hang when updating.
I typically have to tell it to reinstall the issues, wait for it to hang, force close the app, open it back up, tell it to restore the issues, hopefully it installs another issue before it hangs. Close it, open it back up, tell it again to restore and wait for it to hang. Notice a pattern?
I've got a 12.9" iPad Pro. If you want to come and visit me we can go out and get a burger and talk while we do the above steps and you can see what happens.
I really like your product when I can get it to download the issues and videos, etc.
1) I have a HUGE problem with Paul being Issue #1. JOHN, not Paul was the first member of the band and Paul came second. John was also the leader of the band. When they all turned to someone to tell them what they had to do, it was JOHN, not Paul that George and Ringo looked to.
Now on to good things.
2) I've never been a fan of comic books but I am a fan of the Beatles. Counting this as a comic book I've now bought ... let's see ... one. And the people that created this, the style and how it is done and the voice actors and everything except for the problems with the program, which I know you are working hard to fix, has been great.
3) In this order. I'm a fan of Ringo, George, John, and somewhere in the back of the large building after you take a whole lot of steps I would put Paul.
4) Keep up the hard work programmers. When the program works I really like it like I've never enjoyed a comic book before. Unless you count Snoopy (Peanuts) comics then I really like those too.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 04, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 103 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rok Operations
- © The Beatles Story
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Issue 2$0.99
- All 8 Issues$3.99
- Issue 3$0.99
- Live: Tribute Concert Liverpool$1.99
- Issue 4$0.99
- Issue 5$0.99
- Issue 6$0.99
- Issue 8$0.99
- Issue 7$0.99
- We can work it out$1.99