The Clock - The Best World Clock
By Fabrice Leyne
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Best Clock app I have seen for Mac (AU)
Fabulous design (US)
Absolutely excellent clock and time zone app (AU)
Simple! I use it everyday! Brilliant! (UK)
Perfect for Global Responsibilities(US)
Completely redesigned for El Capitan and Yosemite, The Clock 3 goes even further than before.
• Keep track, easily and efficiently of your contacts in different time zones.
• Have a quick view on a Calendar, which can be integrated with the system Calendar.app
• Easily setup meetings with the Meeting Planner.
• Have a highlight on the Business Hours and Holidays of your subcontractors, customers, ...
• Highly customizable.
• Be reminded when to Take a Break and relax.
• Full Trackpad integration, swipe to travel trough time.
The World Clocks
• AM/PM or 24Hours.
• Analog or Digital Clock view.
• Choose among a wide range of complications
• Business Hours.
• Time offset.
• Time Zone offset (PDT, CDT, UTC…).
• Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow.
• Drag&Drop the world clocks to order them.
• Beautiful clock face displaying day and night.
• Personalize the world clock time format per cities.
• Change the city name.
• PDT, CDT, MDT, GMT… and more automatically adapting during daylight saving period.
• Meeting Planner Slider to travel through time.
• Business Hours led to check if your contact is in the working hours time frame.
• Select a date in the calendar for an accurate Daylight Saving adjustment.
• With the Calendar.app integration into The Clock have a quick look on your schedule
• With the Calendar Complication, automatically know if you are busy while planning a meeting.
• Export easily your schedule information by a simple copy/paste.
• Slider automatically round the time to 15/30 min.
• Navigate the months with buttons, keyboard shortcuts, trackpad.
• Show/Hide the Calendar.
• Show/Hide the weeks number.
• Select your referenced calendar for the week number. (System, or ISO 8601).
• Select a day in Meeting Planner for an accurate Daylight Saving adjustment.
• Highlight days off per city.
• Follow the system setting for Calendar first day of the week...
• Choose to integrate or not with the system calendar, Calendar.app
• Have a quick view on your calendar events.
• Calendar complication to immediately see what is coming next on your schedule.
• Choose between 2 beautiful themes (Light/Dark) with transparency or not.
• Have the theme follow automatically the color of your menu bar.
• Rearrange The Clock menu bar items by (shift) drag and drop.
• Keyboard Shortcuts for most common actions.
• Display the moon phase, and get all the moon phase informations.
• Backup/Restore your settings easily (Local, Dropbox).
• Keep or not The Clock window floating above your desktop.
• Choose to access The Clock from the menu bar or from the Dock.
• Enjoy the Take a Break feature, and relax.
• Amazing Take a Break screen saver, displaying quotes among ~100 quotes in 8 genres.
• Or the Take a Break screen saver, with your own text.
• And more …
• And with a real user manual to go deeper in the discovery of all the features.
What's New in Version 3.1
macOS Sierra supported.
version 3.1: Go even further Release
#Go further in Features
•[New] Select/Deselect all the world clocks for copy/paste with cmd+A.
•[New] Share Menu added to the copy/paste menu.
•[New] "Go to Date" panel. Can be activated with shift+cmd+T.
•[New] You can now add simple quick Notes to a world clock.
•[New] Take a Break, custom duration added.
•[New] World clock Complication Monday/Tuesday added.
•[New] World clock Complication Time Zone Offset, Dynamic profile added.
•[New] World clock custom format to display seconds added.
•[New] Open Apple Calendar from The Clock while clicking an event.
•[New] Added few missing reported cities in the database and a planet ;)
•[New] Option to reverse color moon illumination.
•[New] Date as Icon can now display Date & Month, Date & Week Day or only the day date as before.
•[New] Multi-Display. In Window Detached mode/Dock Mode, The Clock window is now automatically repositioned on the proper display after a detach/re-attach of the external display, and as well at login.
#Go further in Accessibility
From 3.0 The Clock started to introduce slightly different icons to help the color blind community. This new version 3.1, goes further in the accessibility.
•[New] You can now make the font bigger in the menu bar.
•[New] The Clock is now 100% ready for VoiceOver. Thanks to Scott H. for the idea and testing.
#Go further for the Dreamers
Dreaming about Mars, want to know the local time on Opportunity, Rover, Olympus Mons, ... you want to know when the sun will rise or set on Mars on Curiosity?... You can now do this with The Clock.
I have added to the cities database all the regular sites from NASA Mars24, and as well created MTC time zones based on Michael Allison and Robert Schmunk definition. By default the time is given at Local Mean Time Zone. You can change this time reference from the world clock preferences panel. The sunrise/sunset complication has been updated to calculate the one on Mars too.
While in the process, I have added to the database the International Space Station.
NB: This is an introductory feature. If you have suggestions or correction to be done on this new feature email me, Tweet,... as always I'm listening. The mission time and mission sol are not yet part of this version.
#And the bugs fixed and improvements
•[Bug Fixed] Sometime a white square in calendar event was appearing for the users with the system set with scrollbar always visible.
•[Bug Fixed] Time difference Complication ahead/behind for less than 1 hour was not reported properly.
•[Bug Fixed] Today/tomorrow Complication around first day of the month not reported properly.
•[Bug Fixed] Copy/Paste feature. The order of the world clocks was not respecting your defined order.
•[Bug Fixed] El Capitan font proportional issue while using seconds is definitely solved. When using seconds The Clock is now using mono spacing.
•[Bug Fixed] The master timer was not ticking properly in Dock mode.
•[Bug Fixed] The time was not updating quickly enough after coming back from sleep.
•[Bug Fixed] Take a break screensaver was not displayed if the icon was not in menu bar.
•[Bug Fixed] Take a Break. While away and not in Smart Mode, if the Mac become idle, the timer is now reset.
•[Bug Fixed] MultiScreen - Attached Mode The Clock window could be cut off at the edge of the external screen.
•[Bug Fixed] MultiScreen - Desktop Mode where The window clock could disappear after a new screen arrangement.
•[Bug Fixed] Calendar Events - Title date was sometime wrong when an event was spanning over few days.
•[Improvement] Calendar Events - Events spanning over few days now display better time labeling.
•[Improvement] Take a Break timer on the screensaver was not always properly centered.
•[Improvement] Close Panels (Calendar Event, World Clock Prefs, Preferences) with esc key now working as expected.
•And few other minor bugs and improvement and few cities timezones update.
Making OS X great again
What everyone else has written is true - it’s perfect - wanting for nothing yet not pushing too many options at you either. For me what makes this app go from really good to perfect are two things. One, the search function for city or time zone just works the way you think it should. But two is really what makes me love it: you pick the city or time zone that matches your time needs and then you can give it a nickname that is more meaningful to you. I’ve yet to find another time application that gives you that feature. For example, if your small city or town isn’t listed but another large city is and you know that the large city’s time matches your needs choose the large city and then rename it and you’re done. Rename the city to match your company’s datacenter names, time zone, corporate locations, warehouses, people times, what ever you need.
Thank you to the developer for making this great app.
A very clever, and helpful, app
If you have to coordinate appointments/meetings/conference calls across multiple time zones, this app is a very simple and clever solution. When I say ‘simple’, that’s not a negative - it has as complete a set of available cusomitzations as any power user could want, and you can easily figure out which will be helpful and how to implement them. But it’s completely up to the user whether or not to do so - the app serves its purpose whether you delve deeply or not. A fabulous investment for the price!
Elegance and Flexibility
I use The Clock both as an engineer working with teams across multiple time zones, and as an amateur radio operator. In ham radio we record many events by UTC as 24-hour display, and The Clock makes it extremely easy to setup a mixed timezone display with some timezone clocks as normal 12-hour AM/PM, and “zulu time” as 24-hour. It’s pretty hard to find a clock app that will actually do that in the first place. On top of that, it’s the best looking clock/calendar I’ve found on any platform. Just fantastic.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 15, 2016
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Thai
- Seller: Fabrice Leyne
- © 2011-2017 Fabrice Leyne
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor