The Clock - The Best World Clock
By Fabrice Leyne
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Best Clock app I have seen for Mac (AU)
Fabulous design (US)
Absolutely excellent clock and time zone app (AU)
Simple! I use it everyday! Brilliant! (UK)
Perfect for Global Responsibilities(US)
## The Clock
* Keep track, easily and efficiently of your contacts in different time zones.
* Have a quick view on a Calendar.
* Easily setup meetings with the Meeting Planner.
* Have a highlight on the Business Hours and Holidays of your subcontactors, customers, ...
* Be reminded when to Take a Break and relax.
* Highly customizable.
* Optimized to minimize the Energy Impact to save your Mac battery life.
### World Clocks
* AM/PM or 24Hours.
* Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow display.
* Change the city name.
* Time offset information.
* Analog or Big Digital Clock view.
* Show/Hide country name.
* Drag & Drop the world clocks to order them.
* Beautiful clock face displaying day and night.
* Business Hours color led...
### Meeting Planner
* Meeting Planner Slider to navigate through time.
* Business Hours led to check if your contact is in the working hours time frame.
* Select a date in the calendar for an accurate Daylight Saving adjustement...
* Navigate the months with buttons, keyboard shortchuts, trackpad.
* Show/Hide the Calendar.
* Show/Hide the weeks number.
* Select a day in Meeting Planner for an accurate Dayligh Saving adjustement.
* Highlight days off.
* Follow the system setting for Calendar first day of the week...
* Choose between 2 beautiful themes (Light/Dark).
* Keyboard Shortcuts for most common actions.
* Backup/Restore your settings easily (Local, Dropbox).
* Anchor button to keep The Clock window on above other ones.
* From the menu bar or from the Dock choose how to open The Clock.
* Break Timer included to help you to Take a Break.
* Retina Display Friendly
What's New in Version 2.8.2
[Bug Fix] Dropbox compatibility with Yosemite.
Clocks Only Update When You Click on Box
Was hopeful because this app has a clock window that you can leave on one of your monitors. Unfortunately most of the clock features only work on a single clock that appears in the menu bar and not in the floating window. Also, the clock in the menu cannot be shut off to just leave the floating window. Most frustratingly though is that the floating clock window is essentially useless since it only updates when you click on it. So if you leave the clock window up on one of your monitors the time will not change unless you keep clicking back on it.
If the floating clock window could update live and include things like, full timezones, hours ahead, date, day and seconds it would be a strong contender for replacing some of the functionality that was lost when Time Palette stopped updating and hasn’t fixed a glitch with its clock bar from over a year ago.
Best world clock app for travellers and international project teams
I’ve used this app for a couple of years now, with many international trips and working on projects that have multiple international project teams. It’s the best app I’ve found for OSX. Having the ability to add and show per country holidays/vacations is a great help for scheduling, and putting it right on the menu bar makes it quick to access when needed.
This is a great app. I book meetings in multiple countries often — and this is a great help to quickly see what times will work for everyone. If you’re working across multiple timezones (aren’t we all?) frequently, then just buy this!
Someone posted that the app is only in the menu bar. Not true. There is a preference option to make it appear in the dock as well.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 15, 2014
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Fabrice Leyne
- © 2011-2014 Fabrice Leyne
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor