Sharpen your sword to save Hallowford in this sequel to The Hero of Kendrickstone! Monstrous creatures prowl beneath the streets of Hallowford. When enigmatic Cryptkeepers Guild sends a call for adventurers, you must answer. You'll discover secrets in the crypts that are better left hidden, and a revelation that will shake Hallowford to its very foundations.
“Cryptkeepers of Hallowford” is a 360,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Paul Wang, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Step into the role of a veteran adventurer in a high fantasy world. Sharpen your steel, prepare your spells, and practise your silver tongue. Decide who to trust and who to betray. Discover lost secrets and forbidden magic. Ally with the powerful Cryptkeepers Guild, the town watch, your fellow adventurers, or follow your own agenda. Save Hallowford, or engineer its downfall for your own gain.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay or straight.
• Continue the story of your adventurer from The Hero of Kendrickstone or create a new character.
• Play as a mighty warrior, or a smooth-tongued negotiator, a powerful mage, a stealthy infiltrator, or anything in between.
• Amass ancient secrets and lost knowledge to give you an edge in and out of combat.
• Betray or befriend knights, guildmasters, and your fellow adventurers.
• Delve into the sprawling underground passages beneath the town of Hallowford.
• Be an altruistic hero, a cruel villain, or someone just looking to make a little gold.
Will you complete your quest and save the town? Or will you make enemies of the Cryptkeepers of Hallowford?
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "The Cryptkeepers of Hallowford," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
This is the first book I read by Paul Wang that I really wasn't into. The infinity books are truly some of the best choice/hosted games they have to offer, but this just doesn't cut it, not at all. For me, it felt like a completely different author wrote this one. None of the characters are really that intriguing, the language they talk in is juvenile and it doesn't fit the setting at all. It honestly feels like a high school version of Paul Wang wrote this. Also, there was that one weird non-binary thing going on with one of the characters (can't remember the name). What was that all about? It felt so random and there was even a part where your character can ask about their pronouns, and it just felt so out of place. The first book in this series was decent, but this one really drops the ball for me. I'll give it three stars just because Paul wrote it and I really like all his other stuff and I know this doesn't represent his best writing ability.
Not that great. It was quite a disappointment compared to the first. The story seemed rushed and some of the choices and story didn’t even really make sense. I feel like my hero from the original actually got worse as the story went on. It’s a decent story at best but I don’t feel excited about doing many more plays
Good read but my book of mad whispers is....
My book of mad whispers did not carry on from the first installment what was the point in getting the book if I couldn’t use it again?????
- Choice of Games LLC
- 53.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Paul Wang
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.