The Great Photo App
By Baglan Dosmagambetov
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Photo academy in your pocket! The basics of photography for beginners and useful tools for professionals.
＊ "Editor's choice" in more than a 100 countries;
＊ Starbucks "Pick of the Week";
＊ "App Store's Amazing Apps & Games" participant;
＊ #1 top paid app in 19 countries;
＊ #1 top paid app in "Photo & Video" category in 43 countries.
Even though everyone has a camera these days, taking a truly good picture still requires knowledge and mastery.
With Great Photo App, you will start learning photography by practicing: with the help of interactive lessons, you will gradually gain understanding of the foundations of the art of photography.
We will take you on the road to knowledge through the varied aspects of photo making with the help of easy to understand exercises. Just like a real friend, the app will point out your mistakes and praise your successes.
You will learn:
- What exposure is, how to select the right exposure, and what influences this.
- Aperture. Its full importance and all of its effects for your pictures.
- Shutter speed. You decide whether to freeze time or slow it down. We are giving you the key to understanding this process.
- ISO. Demonstration of how ISO affects exposure and image noise.
- Depth of field. Visual presentation of everyone's favorite blurred background.
- Camera lenses. Study the difference between focal lengths by taking pictures of a beautiful model using a variety of lenses;
- White Balance; what is White Balance and color temperature and how to use it;
- Basics of studio light; what is the difference between rim light and fill light? How to correctly set up your first lighting scheme;
- Lighting setups for studio portraits; 10 core lighting setups for studio photograpy with datailed light source diagrams;
- Studio light: professional tool for choosing studio lighting setups;
- Studio portrait+: 18 more studio portrait lighting setups.
The comprehensive lighting manual will give you the opportunity to find yourself at the shooting location complete with an obedient model and lighting equipment.
Experience for yourself what it means to shoot in artificial light.
You will have access to more than 1,000 lighting setups for your quests, studies, and demonstrations.
Easy interface, friendly environment, and our personal team of models.
Start your photographic adventure with The Great Photo App and get on the road to the best picture.
And may you have good light!
What's New in Version 2.4
- iPhone X support
Raised cost of in app purchase for no reason
Price went from $2.99 to $4.99 for no reason. Also there are two in app purchases not one. Posted previous review but for some reason it’s not showing up.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 12, 2017
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 58.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Baglan Dosmagambetov
- © Mobile Creators
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Light basicsFree
- White BalanceFree
- Location light$4.99
- Studio portrait$0.99
- Composition basicsFree
- Shutter SpeedFree
- Depth of fieldFree
- Light modifiersFree