The Long Shadow of Chernobyl
By Lightbox Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photographer Gerd Ludwig, considered one of the leading documentary photographers of our time, introduces his premiere app for the iPad, the most comprehensive photographic coverage of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster to date. Spanning nearly two decades of documentation, his groundbreaking work explores the human and environmental impacts since the disaster, and includes photos from Ludwig’s 2011 trip to Chernobyl, taken as the crisis at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plant was unfolding.
The Long Shadow of Chernobyl features:
• Four photo galleries, 12 slideshows and two interactive panoramas, for a total of more than 150 photographs (some never before published) of the reactor, the abandoned city of Pripyat, the Exclusion Zone and the victims
• Exclusive behind-the-scenes video of damaged reactor unit No. 4, along with a video introduction by Ludwig, plus two additional videos
• An in-depth look at the world’s worst nuclear disaster to date: Ludwig went deeper inside the reactor than any Western still photographer and returned in 2011 on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the disaster to reenter the reactor
• An essay by Dr. David Marples, renowned expert on Eastern Europe
What's New in Version 2.0
Newly optimized and redesigned app using ScrollMotion's groundbreaking WYSWYG platform that builds native apps without the need to know code.
I like the layout of the app. Chernobyl is one of many mistakes we can all learn something from. It's impact will touch the lives of many forever.
Thank you for making this content available. It was referenced by national geographic on Instagram the other day.
Purchased the app this evening. I watched, read, and flipped through all of the content in one sitting. Was well worth the price for me. Took a few hours. I couldn't put it down.
iOS 8 ready
This app, was not ready for iOS 8. Did not work. Gave the creators a chance to fix it--and boy did they!!
This app is now absolutely stunning. If you are interested in the Chernobyl accident and aftermath--this is awesome, especially on a tablet. Thanks for a fantastic fix for this app. Highly recommended.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 194 MB
- Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Paraculture, Inc.
- © 2015 Lightbox Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.