The Settlers HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"the game does offer a solid and deep experience with beautiful graphics. The missions and the maps are elaborate enough to offer hours of play, bringing enough to separate itself from other games in the genre." (TouchArcade)
Welcome to the world of The Settlers! You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPad.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
HELP FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER (level 3)
Once you have recruited 8 pioneers, follow these steps to expand the borders:
- Tap the cart with the donkey.
- Tap the “Transform to Migration Cart” icon at the bottom of the screen. The icon is highlighted in purple. You can now put tools, pioneers and carriers into the cart. Make sure you do not forget any of your 8 pioneers. It takes a while for the resources and the pioneers to get to the migration cart, so please be patient.
- Bring the cart to the location your Settlers have found for the new colony.
- Once the cart has arrived at the new location, unload the tools (tap the central icon at the bottom of the screen) and watch your pioneers start expanding the territory.
- Adding more carriers will help you a lot in the game and will stop any kind of bottlenecks. About 15 carriers should be enough for a medium-sized settlement. Make sure you don't have any idle settlers in the countryside.
- The location of the Smiths is important: if it they aren't close enough to an Iron Smelter or Coal Mine, production will slow down. Having a low number of carriers can also stop weapon production if you have any other building projects going on, because those are the carriers' main priorities.
- The only way to destroy enemy non-military buildings is by capturing the enemy towers around them. For example, in level 5 of the first chapter, the temple cannot be destroyed by attacking it with your army. You will gain the territory around the towers and, as result, any enemy buildings in your new territory will be destroyed instantly.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
End User License Agreement : http://www.gameloft.com/eula/
What's New in Version 1.0.4
I love rts games and this one is good. It has all the right elements. But it often leaves you trapped in some faulty design of your settlement, without any clue how to fix it. Sometimes, you don't have enough residences -- but the game doesn't tell you that. Sometimes, you run out of a resource, but again there is no help. You just have to scroll through everything and guess what the problem is. Then, you have to guess what the solution is.
Recently, I was playing a level and could not get my army to grow. I had resources aplenty. But the weapon smith would not produce any weapons. I built another weapon smith and that helped for a bit. But then it stopped again. I reallocated all resources to the weapon smith and that helped a bit. But then it stopped again. I don't mid that I have run into a problem and need to fix it but the game gives you know clue what the problem is or how to fix it. Meanwhile the enemy and I are just slogging it out in border skirmishes of 8 men a t a time, until ultimately my inability to grow an army will lead to 6 hours of frustration leading to defeat.
It is not fun. So, three stars because they're on the right track but I don't have 6 hours every day to figure out the logic of this game until it works for me.
Buggy, no documentation, incomplete tutorials
I love this game, when it works. The problem is, at least as far as I understand it (because of the incomplete documentation), there are bugs. For example I have a butcher shop that is staffed, but for some reason nobody will bring sheep from the sheep farm right next door, so no meat production. This is apparently a bug, one of many. Another example: You can store weapons in a storage area, but in the game I'm playing, once you put them there, you can never get them back out. Nobody will pick them up and take them to the barracks, no matter how many soldiers you order. They will wait for new weapons to be produced at the blacksmith while ignoring the piles of weapons in the storage area.
The documentation for the game is basically not there. You have to spend a lot of time playing to figure out how things work. If the tutorials were complete it would be better, but they only go over the basics and then leave you to fend for yourself.
Maybe after a patch, if they ever create one, it will work better.
Please read if you are stuck on level 3!!
I experienced the "so called" level 3 glitch as well. The reason I could not tap the donkey cart was because I wasn't producing water, thus not producing anything else. Here is the solution:
1) The placement of the very first building (the water well thing) is very important. If you put it near the ocean/sea, it will not pick up water. You need to build it more inland...right near the stream. You will know whether it worked or not by fast forwarding the time. IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY WATER BEING PRODUCED YOU WILL NEED TO START THE LEVEL OVER AND REBUILD THE WATER PRODUCING BUILDING!! The placement or misplacement of that building was what led me not being able to make the donkey go to the donkey cart since my town wasn't producing any water!! Perhaps the game developer can warn the newbies if the water producing building is placed wrongly in the game, especially for the tutorial. That would save a lot of headaches.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 16, 2010
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 258 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- The Settlers, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.