Transit App: Real Time Bus & Subway Tracker with Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out when your ride is coming NOW. Arrival times and directions for transit routes near you, using real-time data. All transport options: bus, subway, bike share, Uber, car2go, and more. North America's most popular transport app.
Transit works in 75 US and Canadian metropolitan areas and many other cities around the world (see list below). And now on Apple Watch, too!
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
IMPORTANT PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**Made in Montreal, popular in Paris, booming in Berlin, conquering Kenya**
WE'RE MILDLY WITTY
Twitter - twitter.com/transitapp
Facebook - fb.com/transitapp
Blog - medium.com/transitapp
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add and it may appear sooner than you think!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop*, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- St. Louis*
- Washington DC (DC Metro and Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.6
Has the subway stopped running? Has your bus stopped running? Has everything stopped running, except for blood racing through your veins as you sprint to work?
For those times when transit disruptions are putting an unexpected #swerve in your day, we've got the antidote.
That's right, girls and boys. We finally support…
When everything is broken, you can find out why, instead of shaking your fists at the heavens. New Yorkers: find out if that fickle beast, the L train, is actually running over the weekend. Bostonians: if it snows in July and the subway closes, we’ll tip you off. San Franciscans: we’re sorry that your fancy Leap Transit buses got kicked off the roads, but if you take BART or MUNI, we’ll provide you with all the latest transit disruptions affecting you—100% gluten-free.
To see disruptions that might affect you, tap on your route and select the (!) button.
You can also subscribe to your favourite routes. Choose to receive alerts at all times, or just during morning/evening rush hours.
This way, if service is disrupted, we’ll send you a push notification so you can make alternate plans. (Except for you, Eric. Let's see what your heartbeat looks like on your Apple Watch after you sprint 10k.)
Cities supported on day 1: Boston (MBTA), New York (MTA), San Francisco (BART and MUNI), Montreal (STM and AMT) and Toronto (TTC).
Is your transit system a beautiful mess? We’ll be adding more cities on a rolling basis. However, the cities with the most disruptions are often the ones with the least organized disruption info. But we’re nimble and fearless and by golly gee we’re gonna find a way to integrate all that data so you too can get real-time updates on just how messed up your city’s transit is.
Alright alright so your bus isn't coming--and you're gonna be late. But if you're gonna be late, at least be *fashionably* late. And who better for fashion tips than the Italians?
Everybody, please give a cordiale benvenuto to the newest members of the Transit App family: Rome and Milan. We've added the trains (treni), streetcars (trams), subways (metropolitane), buses (autobus), car-sharing, bike-sharing, and Uber (wild hand gestures).
Consider it our way of saying thank you for the Renaissance. And gelato.
Thanks for reading. Don’t forget to rate us five stars eh.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 03, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.