By Samuel Vermette
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wherever you are, just pull Transit out of your pocket and quickly know when the next bus or train is arriving. Not sure what's the fastest way? Use our easy-to-use trip planner to find your way.
Featured by Apple as Editor's Choice! Works in most US metropolitan areas including NYC, Chicago, SF, Philadelphia, LA, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle (see full list below).
- Know at a glance when your next train or bus is arriving.
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- Find scheduled departures and route itineraries even without an Internet connection.
- Star your favorite routes, bumping them to the top of the list
- Plot routes on the map.
*Where real-time is available
Transit integrates with the following transit agencies:
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, NJ Transit, PATCO)
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop**, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Washington (Metro*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Kingcounty Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- Atlanta (MARTA*, Cobb Community Transit (CCT), Xpress by GRTA)
- Phoenix (ValleyMetro)
- Baltimore (MTA)
- Portland (TriMet*)
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul (Metro Transit*, Plymouth*, SouthWest Transit*, Scott County Transit*, Airport (MAC), University of Minnesota*, MVTA)
- Houston (METRO)
- Honolulu (TheBus*)
- Pittsburgh (Port Authority)
- Dallas (DART)
- Denver (RTD)
- Las Vegas (RTC)
- Milwaukee (MCTS)
- Salt Lake City (UTA*)
- San Antonio (VIA)
- St. Louis (Metro)
- Austin (Capital Metro)
- Kansas City (KCATA)
- Sacramento (Sacramento Regional Transit, Roseville Transit)
- Tampa (HART, PSTA)
- Hartford (CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Waterbury, CTTransit Hartford, CTTransit New Britain, CTTransit Meriden)
- Cincinnati (Metro, TANK)
- Buffalo (NFTA)
- Providence (RIPTA)
- Columbus (COTA)
- Madison (Madison Metro*)
- Louisville (TARC*)
- Hampton Roads (HRT)
- Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, Grand River Transit, Brampton Transit, MiWay, Burlington Transit)
- Montréal (STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, autres CITs, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
- Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries)
- Ottawa (OC Transpo*)
- Edmonton (Edmonton Transit)
- Calgary (Calgary Transit)
- Winnipeg (Winnipeg Transit*)
- Québec (RTC)
- Halifax (MetroTransit)
- Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit)
- Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
- Banff (Roam Transit)
- Kelowna (BC Transit)
- Squamish (BC Transit)
- Victoria (BC Transit)
- Whistler (BC Transit)
- Kamloops (BC Transit)
- Mexico (Metrobús, Metro, RTP, STE, Ferrocarriles Suburbanos)
- Cali (MIO)
- Paris (RATP*, SNCF Transilien)
- Toulouse (Tisséo*)
- Nantes (SEMITAN*)
- Strasbourg (CTS)
- Bordeaux (Tram et Bus de la CUB)
- Rennes (STAR*)
** Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
- Fix freeze when opening the app
- Fix offline data not always downloaded automatically
- Fix saved direction not always applied correctly
If you've been enjoying Transit 3.0, please take a minute to leave a nice 5-star review :)
App is really good, but missing a big feat.
The app is almost perfect, and I've found it to be more accurate with times than google maps. G. Maps tends to be off by 5-7 minutes while this app is sometimes* off by 2-3, very helpful when on a rush. Biggest let back and why I sometimes just open google maps instead is because g. Maps allows me to save streets/bus lines, so it's always easy to just pull up the times, with this app you have to type in where you are going before I can get info on the line I always take. If this were added the app would be perfect for anyone using public transportation, though in its current forms it's still pretty darn good and accurate.
Easy to use. Easy to view. Accurate.
Best thing about this app is the view. The easy to view display is large and easy to read. All services around you are displayed. With a flick of your finger up or down you can view all services. To change direction inbound/outbound only take a flick of the finger on a selected route. I use this for the Boston MBTA but options that allow you to view services at another location is great for trip planning and includes other transit company services based on that area. Really a great tool for someone who is a commuter on public transpiration.
Quit looking. Download this App now.
Great App, through and through. If you've ever spent 5 minutes looking for a bus schedule using the internet browser on your phone to pull it up, and consequently miss a bus by 4 minutes, you would know my strife... You'd also download this App and smile knowing that you are now past one more of life's little gotcha' moments. Bravo to the talented developers on a great program with a clean UI and all of the info I need to navigate Minneapolis' public transit system with a ruthless efficiency.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Samuel Vermette
- © 2014 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.