Transit App: Real Time Bus & Subway Tracker with Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out when your ride is coming NOW. Arrival times and directions for transit routes near you, using real-time data. All transport options: bus, subway, bike share, Uber, car2go, and more. North America's most popular transport app.
Transit works in 75 US and Canadian metropolitan areas and many other cities around the world (see list below). And now on Apple Watch, too!
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
- NEW: Browse real-time service advisories, and subscribe to push notifications for disruptions that impact your commute (in select cities).
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
IMPORTANT PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**Made in Montreal, popular in Paris, booming in Berlin, conquering Kenya**
WE'RE MILDLY WITTY
Twitter - twitter.com/transitapp
Facebook - fb.com/transitapp
Blog - medium.com/transitapp
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add and it may appear sooner than you think!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas*
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury, CTFastrak*)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit, WSF)
- St. Louis*
- Washington DC (DC Metro & Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
Helloooo America. We're revving up the BBQ for July 4th. And you know what that means... we've got an update for you fresh off the grill.
Miami: we're bringing da heat with added support for Tri-Rail and Palm Tran.
Houston, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Santa Monica and Las Vegas: yo. Real-time departures are now in effect.
That's right. We're in Vegas, baby. Call up the boys. Get Clooney and Pitt on the phone cause we're plotting a heist. No need for a getaway van. We're taking the bus.
And greetings Worcester, Massachusetts! Not to be confused with Worcester Sauce, Massachusetts. You now have access to the sauciest transit app on the market. We won't bite unless you ask.
You know what that means? We’re now in 99 cities. But what will be our 100th?
Perhaps we should add support for a future travel destination. Oslo? Sydney? North Korea? Maybe we should get cheeky and add a dog-sledding line in Alaska. Maybe we should add a city with a ridiculous name like “Kickapoo, Kansas”.
But instead, we’re gonna ask you.
What should be our 100th city? Rate our app five stars and leave your suggestion.
PS: We crunched a bunch of bugs because we’re ruthless like that.
Best multi-system transit app for iPhone
This is the best transit app for iPhone, easy to use for planning and quick transit info. Especially great for those who utilize multiple modes, for instance in DC: Metro, bus, Circulator, Bikeshare, Car2Go. The app works as a route planner, but more importantly for those walking on the way to a route, it displays a list of all nearby bus and Metro/train options. The route planner mode pulls location data from your contacts and Foursquare which typically has very good business location data. And it's fast--Check to make sure it has your city, first.
The update for iOS 8 has made the app even more clear, and the new map views with live bus/train info is nice. Being able to check the app and within 2 seconds know when the next few buses or trains are coming is perfect for those needing to time leaving for work in the morning, etc. The nearby lines Today widget means you don't even need to open the app to see the next bus or train.
The main view is improved because it combines the map and nearby transit options below, plus the search bar at the top for route planning. The somewhat hidden map view for bus lines shows real time data where the bus is on the route (where available). On my Wish-list: Adding calendar integration for route planning.
Add Sydney next, in time for my 2016 trip :)
There's better apps
***Transit's rating is inflated as a marketing promotion by the developer***
The developer is running a campaign on social media that's getting people (who don't even use the app) to give it 5 star reviews in the hopes of bringing the app to their city. This is inflating the app's ratings and does not reflect the actual quality of the app.
I've been using a combination of Google maps and OneBusAway to navigate around my city. I had been hoping to use Transit as a replacement to using two apps to get around. But it just isn't as acute as Google Maps + OneBusAway. It misses a number of route options and doesn't easily re-route when a bus is delayed, which is very frequent. I don't like the extra clutter (the bike rentals or whatever) that take up needed space on the map. I get that these ads are there because the app is free and the developer needs to make money somehow, but I'd rather pay a few bucks for a pro version to get rid of this clutter that I'm not interested in. Because of all this (including the vote inflation), I'm going back to Google Maps and OneBusAway
I rely on this app every weekday--and on my watch!
I love this app and use it at least twice daily. The interface has improved my leaps and bounds since I first started using it and I can only see it continuing to get better!
Besides being the *easiest* way to find the best way to get there, it also finds me buses that the native web app doesn't because it considers every little stop, not just the main stops.
Loving the Watch features!!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.