Transit App: Real Time Bus & Subway Tracker with Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out when your ride is coming NOW. Arrival times and directions for transit routes near you, using real-time data. All transport options: bus, subway, bike share, Uber, car2go, and more. North America's most popular transport app.
Transit works in 75 US and Canadian metropolitan areas and many other cities around the world (see list below). And now on Apple Watch, too!
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
IMPORTANT PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**Made in Montreal, popular in Paris, booming in Berlin, conquering Kenya**
WE'RE MILDLY WITTY
Twitter - twitter.com/transitapp
Facebook - fb.com/transitapp
Blog - medium.com/transitapp
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add and it may appear sooner than you think!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop*, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- St. Louis*
- Washington DC (DC Metro and Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
The Ministry of Magic hereby commissions Transit App to be the exclusive transporter of Muggles aboard the Hogwarts Train.
In exchange, Transit App has agreed to hire several Hogwarts students as summer interns, who will be tasked with learning the strange form of Muggle witchcraft called "Objective-C".
The Ministry also congratulates Transit App on snuffing out some bugs in their latest version, and for reintroducing real-time in cities that tried to block their proxy server. Crafty Muggles, they are indeed.
The Ministry looks forward to the first batch of Transit App tourists to Hogwarts, and has begun preparing for their maiden voyage.
PS: Rate Transit App five stars to cast your Patronus
5 star but sometimes daft
Before the update it was 100% perfect for my trip planning and it showed good routes but right now it has toooooo many problems the update has ruined the app it's now showing some stupid routes and after setting my work address and Home address whenever I'm at home and put current location to see the next bus arrival time it then starts showing my work address as current location cuz that's what I used the previous day but that doesn't make sense?. Plus it sometimes doesn't show the bustops then I have to click on another bus time that hasn't already left so that I know when to get of my bus. If you don't understand what I'm saying it's because it's just confusing!
More trouble than it's worth lately
I used to use this app frequently to plan my trips to and from various destinations but after tons of updates it just seems to keep getting progressively worse.
It never remembers my settings, suggests the least efficient and most convoluted (not to mention expensive) routes, next to never recognizes legitimate locations (such as bus stops and major train stations) as being real places ...
I only ever use this app to determine how long specific stretches of subway span for. I never use it for the purpose of trip-planning because if I wanted to take a long, expensive, inefficient route to my destination then I'd just hire a cab which, given the fact that it always suggests Uber as the best option, seems to be the goal for this app these days.
Uber addition is BAD
I love Transit App - it's great for getting around town using public transit and bike sharing: two awesome, earth-friendly public transportation options. I love that I can turn layers off now (like Uber) too - much more efficient now!
I would love to see Transit tap into CTA's real-time bus and train location feed and show accurate data on approaching buses and trains on the map. There are apps that do that, but they're ugly and one trick ponies; I could get rid of them if Transit added it!
Overall: great app!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 23.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.