Best of 2017, Top Free Apps
Accurate and easy-to-use, you’ll always have the weather forecast at your fingertips with access to the most in-depth weather news and video. Stay ahead of storms with notifications alerting you as storms approach your saved locations, and watch the weather system with our satellite and weather radar maps
- Custom weather notifications for your individual North American locations including Follow Me, so you can set different thresholds for each location
- Detailed weather forecasts including current observations and temperatures, short term (36 hours), long term (14 days) and hourly forecasts. These forecasts are updated every 15 minutes to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Air quality and UV reports
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify you when a storm is heading your way. Alerts can include rainfall, lightning, snow, temperature swing, etc. A red alert banner will be displayed on the affected cities and regions with the ability to click-through for more info
- Multiple map layers, including weather radar and satellite
- Precipitation start and stop times within a 10 minute window
- Follow-me functionality that automatically detects the forecast within 1km of your location
- Available in English or French, based on your device settings
- Siri Shortcuts (iOS 12 and higher): Use the app as you normally would and Siri will learn and suggest your frequently used weather features (e.g. detailed forecast, current radar map, etc.) over time
- These can be tuned from the device’s settings: Settings > Siri & Search > All Shortcuts
Premium Option: In-app purchase
- A one year subscription includes:
- access to the Last 24 Hours which shows you, by hour: actual temperature, humidity, feels like temperature and wind information for the previous 24 hours
- removal of ads
- Subscription 1 Year – USD $2.79 (For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply)
- Additional Subscription Information:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Apple account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Scroll down to access weather forecasts, news, videos, current radar map and personalized notifications at a glance
- Tap on the details button next to the current conditions to access yesterday’s high & low temperature and more details like wind speed & direction, humidity, cloud ceiling, and sunrise & sunset times
- Access the weather, current radar map, news and video conveniently via the tab bar
- Add a location by tapping the search icon on the upper right
- Tap on any of the at-a glance modules in the main overview screen to access more details (e.g. tapping on the current radar map preview on the main weather overview page will present the detailed current radar map)
- To get the optimal experience with our weather radar maps, tap and pinch to explore
- Adjust settings and view FAQs via the gear icon on the upper left
We’d love to hear from you! Please send feedback to email@example.com. You can also visit our website at www.theweathernetwork.com, follow us on Facebook: theweathernetworkCAN or Twitter: @weathernetwork
The Weather Network - Your Weather When It Really Matters™
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* We gave the engine a tune up and squashed some bugs
* 14 day detailed forecast enhancements
* Improved navigation and discoverability
* Siri Shortcuts for frequently used weather pages
* Grouped notifications
Ratings and Reviews
Good & getting there
Aug 2017-new updates with more hourly and extended forecast on the main screen itself is very convenient. It would be nice to have sunshine hours for current day also in addition only future days.
Oct 2014-though not much has changed, I decided to add few lines. This is the only app that provides total projected sunshine hours for a day. Useful when you're in the mountains and want to ensure you have sufficient sunshine to view the scenes. This is the only app that also forecasts expected snowfall in mm that no other app does.
Earlier- It still is the best app for canada as no other app could find smaller cities or boroughs. However for international locations it is less than perfect. Can find most bigger cities and adjacent areas for US though.
It would be nice if it could provide sunshine hours for the current day and not just for future.
Some usability issues
Good app, I like the way it looks and it tells you what you need to know. But there are some counterintuitive transitions - swiping back doesn't always get you to where you expected to go (i.e. The page you were on before). Also, the 'follow' feature seems to somehow turn on the 'alerts' for the places you've been, which quickly gets annoying if you travel a lot.
I work outside, and the Weather Network has always been pretty accurate. I also use Weather Bug and the local news to compare, and it seems like the Weather Network gets the closest. Also, they have a future radar that goes further into the future than others.
- Pelmorex Media Inc.
- 153.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Pelmorex Media Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium - Remove Ads $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.