The Wider Image
By Thomson Reuters
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the world through captivating visual stories by award-winning Reuters photojournalists.
This immersive app for iPad reimagines news photography to bring images and information to life. Winner of 25 awards for innovation, photojournalism and design. iTunes Editors Choice.
DISCOVER WHAT MATTERS
Uncover stories, people and places you never knew existed. New visual reports added daily to the wealth of work.
LEAN IN AND LEARN
Get more context on every story - interact with image sequences, read expanded facts, swipe between the before and after, hear words and sounds.
MEET THE STORYTELLERS
Get to know the photographers with behind the scenes images and insights. Follow your favorites to see new work as it is added.
SHOW AND TELL
Enjoy stunning photojournalism on your television for all to see via Apple TV. Share stories with confidence they look great on any device.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
- Infinite stream of stories on the home screen
- Search stories, photographers and countries across the archive
- Browse 10 new themes. From ‘Cultural Atlas’ to ‘Living Planet’, there’s something for everyone.
- Enjoy striking images on your widescreen television, streamed wirelessly to Apple TV
- Even more image detail for retina displays with optional HD subscription
- Redesigned Explore screen shows stories on a world map
- Redesigned My View screen enables you to select photographers and countries to follow. All your favourites are now in one place.
I loved this app, read interesting stories, and looked at amazing pictures... Until today. The update crashes without even opening. When it's fixed I will rate it with the five star it deserves
Installed it today, doesn't work!
There's a loading sign at the corner of the page but nothing happens.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Thomson Reuters
- © 2012 Thomson Reuters
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Months HD Edition$5.99
- 1 Month HD Edition$1.99