TheBrain for iOS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: A new version fixing issues related to opening Brains in iOS 9 is completed and awaiting approval.
Described by Wall Street Journal as “Software that thinks like you do” and MacLife as “the most compelling mind mapping adaption we’ve encountered.” Winner of KMWorld's Trendsetting Products of 2014.
TheBrain lets you see and connect everything across all your devices. Capture ideas, web pages, files and notes and always find them - just like you think of them. With TheBrain you will even see related items that would otherwise be forgotten.
TheBrain combines the best of note taking, file synchronization and mind mapping apps to give you the ultimate digital memory. See your ideas and information like never before with your own digital Brain.
Note: To use TheBrain, you must create an account on thebrain.com. The service is completely free for use from your iPad and iPhone. However, if you want to sync file attachments with the desktop application, there is an annual fee.
AWARD WINNING VISUALIZATION
Navigate across all key topics and information within your Brain's Thought network and connections.
DYNAMIC MIND MAPPING
Move beyond conventional mind maps and linear folder storage with TheBrain’s animated links and visualization that enable any Thought or file to be connected to anything else.
EASY IDEA CAPTURE
Just type in a new Thought, make a connection or take a note. Your Brain stores it all.
CLOUD AND DESKTOP SYNC
Your Brain can be accessed anywhere. This means all your key ideas, notes and files are available to you on all your devices!
Find any file, web page or idea in seconds.
VISUAL FILE MANAGEMENT
Add web pages, photos and documents to your Thoughts. All linked the way you think.
NO LIMITS BRAINSTORMING AND IDEA MAPPING
See your ideas, make connections and gain new insights in TheBrain’s visual interface
GET STARTED QUICKLY
Get ready built template Brains for brainstorming, project management and personal organization.
SHARE YOUR BRAIN
Publish and share your Brain on the cloud. You can even synchronize Thoughts with Team members through TheBrain Desktop software.
Here are a few ideas how you can use TheBrain for work or life:
• Digitize your mind. Start with your name then create Thoughts for all aspects of your business and personal life. Your Brain will be become a reflection of your mind and grow more powerful as you use it.
• Use as "everything in your life manager" or for key projects. You’ll get the big picture on all your information and drill down to the right file or detail within seconds.
• Capture your ideas and interesting content and activate it in your Brain when you need it.
• Use the Brain to organize trips, travel and key events.
• Add Thoughts to deepen understanding on key concepts for smarter research.
• Go from ideas to action by capturing all your goals and then adding even more connected Thoughts and all the right information to achieve and get things done.
• Brainstorm and build a complete knowledgebase to foster innovative ideas and inject some spark in your projects.
• Aggregate all your inspirations in a way that captures your vision and take any writing project to the next level.
• Link people, projects and the right information to get a smarter view of business operations.
• Create a topic oriented Brain on your key passion or special interest to bring all the right content to life and get the big picture.
• Create Brains and add Thoughts for your personal projects like home renovations or new product purchases for personal productivity and organization.
• To make the most of TheBrain install it on your computer and all devices. TheBrain is cross-platform and can synchronize on all your devices so you’ll always have your best ideas and information with you.
In addition to this universal iOS App, TheBrain is also available for Windows and Mac OS X computers.
What's New in Version 1.003
Fixed: Scroll position is sometimes wrong while editing notes.
Fixed: Can't set the address to connect to a corporate Brain server.
So much potential
I wish more love were given to this app. It could be an amazing companion to the desktop app. Sadly though it hasn't changed since its initial minimal feature set release. It still doesn't have native resolution on iPhone 6 and it is completely broken on iOS 9 (though I imagine this will be fixed fairly quickly) and some features (the inbox) don't even work on iOS 8.
At least update it to make it remember the last thought you were looking at when you re-open the app. The Brain is by far the most expensive software I use and it seems to be languishing big time.
I still like this app and yes the whole inbox thing is kind of goofy(why not use the standard iOS share sheets?), but I know the team is hard at work on the next major release. For those asking about iOS 9, the developer is aware of the issue, and they have submitted a corrected version to Apple pending approval. Also hope they will take advantage of Spotlight search in an update.
TheBrain has announced that an update for iOS 9 is going through the Apple approval process - so, yes, be patient, it will be available soon, we hope.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 1.003
- Size: 29.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TheBrain Technologies
- © 2015 TheBrain Technologies LP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.