TheBrain: Dynamic Mind Mapping, Note Taking and Information Management
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Described by Wall Street Journal as “Software that thinks like you do” and MacLife as “the most compelling mind mapping adaption we’ve encountered.” Winner of KMWorld's Trendsetting Products of 2014.
TheBrain lets you see and connect everything across all your devices. Capture ideas, web pages, files and notes and always find them - just like you think of them. With TheBrain you will even see related items that would otherwise be forgotten.
TheBrain combines the best of note taking, file synchronization and mind mapping apps to give you the ultimate digital memory. See your ideas and information like never before with your own digital Brain.
Note: To use TheBrain, you must create an account on thebrain.com. The service is completely free for use from your iPad and iPhone. However, if you want to sync file attachments with the desktop application, there is an annual fee.
AWARD WINNING VISUALIZATION
Navigate across all key topics and information within your Brain's Thought network and connections.
DYNAMIC MIND MAPPING
Move beyond conventional mind maps and linear folder storage with TheBrain’s animated links and visualization that enable any Thought or file to be connected to anything else.
EASY IDEA CAPTURE
Just type in a new Thought, make a connection or take a note. Your Brain stores it all.
CLOUD AND DESKTOP SYNC
Your Brain can be accessed anywhere. This means all your key ideas, notes and files are available to you on all your devices!
Find any file, web page or idea in seconds.
VISUAL FILE MANAGEMENT
Add web pages, photos and documents to your Thoughts. All linked the way you think.
NO LIMITS BRAINSTORMING AND IDEA MAPPING
See your ideas, make connections and gain new insights in TheBrain’s visual interface
GET STARTED QUICKLY
Get ready built template Brains for brainstorming, project management and personal organization.
SHARE YOUR BRAIN
Publish and share your Brain on the cloud. You can even synchronize Thoughts with Team members through TheBrain Desktop software.
Here are a few ideas how you can use TheBrain for work or life:
• Digitize your mind. Start with your name then create Thoughts for all aspects of your business and personal life. Your Brain will be become a reflection of your mind and grow more powerful as you use it.
• Use as "everything in your life manager" or for key projects. You’ll get the big picture on all your information and drill down to the right file or detail within seconds.
• Capture your ideas and interesting content and activate it in your Brain when you need it.
• Use the Brain to organize trips, travel and key events.
• Add Thoughts to deepen understanding on key concepts for smarter research.
• Go from ideas to action by capturing all your goals and then adding even more connected Thoughts and all the right information to achieve and get things done.
• Brainstorm and build a complete knowledgebase to foster innovative ideas and inject some spark in your projects.
• Aggregate all your inspirations in a way that captures your vision and take any writing project to the next level.
• Link people, projects and the right information to get a smarter view of business operations.
• Create a topic oriented Brain on your key passion or special interest to bring all the right content to life and get the big picture.
• Create Brains and add Thoughts for your personal projects like home renovations or new product purchases for personal productivity and organization.
• To make the most of TheBrain install it on your computer and all devices. TheBrain is cross-platform and can synchronize on all your devices so you’ll always have your best ideas and information with you.
In addition to this universal iOS App, TheBrain is also available for Windows and Mac OS X computers.
What's New in Version 1.004
Fixes problem with accessing Brains on iOS 9.
Great Ideas, Needs Fixing Up
I love the way the app works and the features it has. I wanted to mention there's a bug where the edit button doesn't do anything but I noticed when I press it and go to notes, you can see that menu behind the screen as it transitions by flipping to notes. I also wish it were a little less sluggish but that just comes with fixing up the software. I really like the fluidity of it once you learn how to use it and I plan to use it more. Great app.
So much potential, unrealized
I'll start by saying I love The Brain. But this app is a butchered version that realizes little of The Brain's promise or potential. I understand the imperative to drive people to their paid offerings, but I don't get a better version of this app if I sign up, so what's the point? I want to use my iPad as my primary device for managing my Brains, and I want it to have what the desktop version has -- namely, second-level visualization, types, and themes.
I'd gladly pay for the service (or the app itself) if the app was a more thought-out and feature complete. At the moment, however, it's neither.
Could be great, but freezes constantly
Love the brain software, but the app freezes almost every time I try to copy something to the brain to use as an attachment. Fixing that glitch would be a huge improvement and likely result in four or five stars.
Also would be nice to send things to the brain with out having to open in each time. For instance, it would be great to copy things to the brain and have them all waiting there as attachments the next time I open the app or logon on my computer. As is, it opens the brain each time, which results in it freezing up (see above).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 09, 2015
- Version: 1.004
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TheBrain Technologies
- © 2015 TheBrain Technologies LP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.