TheBrain for iOS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Described by Wall Street Journal as “Software that thinks like you do” and MacLife as “the most compelling mind mapping adaption we’ve encountered.” Winner of KMWorld's Trendsetting Products of 2014.
TheBrain lets you see and connect everything across all your devices. Capture ideas, web pages, files and notes and always find them - just like you think of them. With TheBrain you will even see related items that would otherwise be forgotten.
TheBrain combines the best of note taking, file synchronization and mind mapping apps to give you the ultimate digital memory. See your ideas and information like never before with your own digital Brain.
Note: To use TheBrain, you must create an account on thebrain.com. The service is completely free for use from your iPad and iPhone. However, if you want to sync file attachments with the desktop application, there is an annual fee.
AWARD WINNING VISUALIZATION
Navigate across all key topics and information within your Brain's Thought network and connections.
DYNAMIC MIND MAPPING
Move beyond conventional mind maps and linear folder storage with TheBrain’s animated links and visualization that enable any Thought or file to be connected to anything else.
EASY IDEA CAPTURE
Just type in a new Thought, make a connection or take a note. Your Brain stores it all.
CLOUD AND DESKTOP SYNC
Your Brain can be accessed anywhere. This means all your key ideas, notes and files are available to you on all your devices!
Find any file, web page or idea in seconds.
VISUAL FILE MANAGEMENT
Add web pages, photos and documents to your Thoughts. All linked the way you think.
NO LIMITS BRAINSTORMING AND IDEA MAPPING
See your ideas, make connections and gain new insights in TheBrain’s visual interface
GET STARTED QUICKLY
Get ready built template Brains for brainstorming, project management and personal organization.
SHARE YOUR BRAIN
Publish and share your Brain on the cloud. You can even synchronize Thoughts with Team members through TheBrain Desktop software.
Here are a few ideas how you can use TheBrain for work or life:
• Digitize your mind. Start with your name then create Thoughts for all aspects of your business and personal life. Your Brain will be become a reflection of your mind and grow more powerful as you use it.
• Use as "everything in your life manager" or for key projects. You’ll get the big picture on all your information and drill down to the right file or detail within seconds.
• Capture your ideas and interesting content and activate it in your Brain when you need it.
• Use the Brain to organize trips, travel and key events.
• Add Thoughts to deepen understanding on key concepts for smarter research.
• Go from ideas to action by capturing all your goals and then adding even more connected Thoughts and all the right information to achieve and get things done.
• Brainstorm and build a complete knowledgebase to foster innovative ideas and inject some spark in your projects.
• Aggregate all your inspirations in a way that captures your vision and take any writing project to the next level.
• Link people, projects and the right information to get a smarter view of business operations.
• Create a topic oriented Brain on your key passion or special interest to bring all the right content to life and get the big picture.
• Create Brains and add Thoughts for your personal projects like home renovations or new product purchases for personal productivity and organization.
• To make the most of TheBrain install it on your computer and all devices. TheBrain is cross-platform and can synchronize on all your devices so you’ll always have your best ideas and information with you.
In addition to this universal iOS App, TheBrain is also available for Windows and Mac OS X computers.
What's New in Version 1.002
Various fixes and improvements.
Works great on my iPad. But on my iPhone the gear button (settings / edit) doesn't work, and neither does the minus button (forget thought). Please fix, then I'll happily rate 5 stars!
A solid start
It works surprisingly well on the iPad. The Brain is a very powerful mind mapping tool... almost addictive.
I would like to see in future updates.
1) Offline mode.
2) More flexibility on how to add notes and modify links. Why not drag to create a child or jump thought ?
3) A better looking icon :)
Completely Missed Opportunity
The Brain is lucky to currently be the only mind mapping tool that attempts dynamic linking and to build upon the standard mind mapping model. Though perhaps their originality is their downfall, as they seem to solely rely on these "unique" features and completely let user efficiency, functionality, and pretty much every other aspect of a truly respectable piece of software fall to the wayside.
A perfect example of how there is an apparent total lack of user awareness is the fact that you must have an account to use the mobile version. No big deal, but when you open the app there is only the option to "login". No "create account" button. This is a big slap in the face to new users and starts off the relationship with the app on a very bad foot.
But again, no big deal, just direct them to the website. But no, there isn't even any guidance on the welcome screen on getting the app going.
This just comes off as lazy and the fact that this minor tweak was brought up in numerous reviews dating all the way back to mid '14, despite the most resent update supposedly being the Jan '15, it just makes the developers look like they truly don't give a sh!t.
Also when you take into consideration that The Brain charges $15/mo or $219-$299 for their Pro Version, it begins to make the user feel less and less inclined to care about a product or service that doesn't give back.
I'm harsh because I see potential; and The Brain is not taking advantage of their unique position in the mind mapping game.
This goes both for the desktop and mobile version.
But at least desktop version works. You can use it, appreciate the connections and benefit from it.
I was excited to see that they had a mobile version, but this "app" seems to just be a poor knock off of the desktop version.
Load times for every gesture and animation, buttons that don't work, and very, very limited functionality.
I'm all for helping people better themselves and their products but the folks that built this app should be smart enough to know where the weak points are and how to fix them.
I appreciate what The Brain attempts to do differently, but until their functionality matches their potential, my opinion will remain the same. Don't release an app if it's not ready to be used by the masses.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 1.002
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TheBrain Technologies
- © 2014 TheBrain Technologies LP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.