Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Things is now available for Apple Watch. It comes with your purchase of Things for iPhone. ****
“A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.”, “It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun.” - Appstorm.com (9/10)
“What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order.” - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
iOS 8 FEATURES
Updated for iOS 8 with a fresh new design and great new features, including a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running; and 64-bit support.
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.7.3
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things is still missing subtasks & checklists...
Things has been surpassed by the competition in features and visual design. After almost 6 years they still haven't even implemented subtasks & checklists. They said they have no plans to do this even though their customers keep on requesting it. The interface looks old and dated. Things 3 has been plagued with constant delays.
Just to name some of the missing features:
1. You can't assign a specific time for a task.
2. There is no ability to set timed reminders or get notifications.
3. Things has no calendar view or location reminders.
4. The category called Next is cluttered with both Today’s tasks & Upcoming tasks.
5. You can’t prioritize tasks.
6. The Daily Review doesn’t allow you to delete a task or put it into a different category.
7. No subtasks or checklists. Which would be very useful for recurring shopping lists & larger tasks.
Many people have grown frustrated with Things due to its EXTREMELY SLOW development. The updates consist of unnamed bug and stability fixes. For an $80 app suite you would think the developers would put more effort and speed into offering real feature upgrades.
OmniFocus convert Approves
At first, I had a hard time trying Things. I was so used to using OF for GTD management and there are stark differences between the flavors of GTD implemented in the two apps. Most notably time and location info is not supported by Things. But with this limitation I'd say Things is more loyal to the original GTD specification. Time sensitive events are supposed to go in a calendar. Things saves me from getting bogged down in event management. I can log my tasks and go about doing them. In this way OF seems almost like a PIM, minus the contacts. I do miss location aware tasks though. This type of smart integration would take things to the next level, IMO.
It is really comfortable to manage my tasks with iPad app.