By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Updated with full support for iOS 9 and watchOS 2—including a new Quick Action for iPhone 6s, a new native app for Apple Watch, and three new Complications for the watch face. ****
“Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O’Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
“Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone.” - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that’s because it is. Other to-do list managers I’ve tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn’t do that. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award “Best iPhone Business & Utility App” - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor’s Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPhone includes a new Quick Action for the app icon; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
THINGS FOR APPLE WATCH
Things is now available for Apple Watch—included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone. Have all of your to-dos for the day easily accessible on your wrist, and mark them complete as you go; focus on specific projects; track your progress as you complete to-dos throughout the day; and enter new to-dos easily just by speaking to Siri. See the app in our new video! → http://things.watch
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (Mac & iPad apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.3
• Things Cloud now works in China.
• Other general Things Cloud improvements.
• Fixed a problem with the checkbox animation in the Today Widget.
• Fixed a bug where the delete button could appear in the wrong position sometimes.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash while the app was running in the background.
• Fixed a bug that could prevent database uploads in rare cases.
• Fixed a networking crash.
• Fixed a bug where the date labels in the glance weren’t updating correctly until the app was restarted.
• Fixed an issue where the Watch app could stop syncing with the iPhone app.
Update broke Things for Watch
While I used to love this app, the responses I receive from the staff/developers state that they are too preoccupied on their next version of Things to tackle the feedback I reported. I was able to test and confirm that notifications are not working with this app. We tested 2 devices running on iOS 9.2.1, even with today's software update to 2.8.3. We used an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB device with a non-beta version with the user having a paired Apple Watch. We also tested this on a 5th Generation iPod Touch with the same software/iOS version and notifications did NOT work. If anyone has figured out a way to make this work, kindly post the directions in their review.
I used to LOVE this app. But I find notifications essential for using getting things done.
Share Sheet needs to be enhanced like native reminders app! When adding an item (i.e.- website from Safari) to Things...need ability to choose where to add and ability to set a due date. This happens currently in the native Reminders app. While I am a fan of the getting things done movement, I also need to use the Things at with due dates. People should have the ability to designate where entries are added to (e.g.- today section, next, schedule, someday etc.)
The app needs integration with Spotlight Search. Would be nice also if users could ask Siri to search for entries.
finally works in China!!!!!!'
thanks so much! I luv u things team!! Thanks for everything you do for our Chinese users!!!
New Year - Old Things
Still really like and use this program - but so many small improvements have not been made. Let me try the beta or release Things 3.0 please.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 01, 2016
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 21.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2015 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.