By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Includes a new app for Apple Watch ****
“Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O’Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
“Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone.” - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that’s because it is. Other to-do list managers I’ve tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn’t do that. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award “Best iPhone Business & Utility App” - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor’s Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
THINGS FOR APPLE WATCH
Things is now available for Apple Watch—included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone. Have all of your to-dos for the day easily accessible on your wrist, and mark them complete as you go; focus on specific projects; track your progress as you complete to-dos throughout the day; and enter new to-dos easily just by speaking to Siri. See the app in our new video! → http://things.watch
iOS 8 FEATURES
Updated for iOS 8 with a fresh new design and great new features, including a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running; support for larger displays on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus; and 64-bit support.
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (Mac & iPad apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.7.3
• Improved stability and bug fixes for Apple Watch.
Things is still missing subtasks & checklists...
Things has been surpassed by the competition in features and visual design. After almost 6 years they still haven't even implemented subtasks & checklists. They said they have no plans to do this even though their customers keep on requesting it. The interface looks old and dated. Things 3 has been plagued with constant delays.
Just to name some of the missing features:
1. You can't assign a specific time for a task.
2. There is no ability to set timed reminders or get notifications.
3. Things has no calendar view or location reminders.
4. The category called Next is cluttered with both Today’s tasks & Upcoming tasks.
5. You can’t prioritize tasks.
6. The Daily Review doesn’t allow you to delete a task or put it into a different category.
7. No subtasks or checklists. Which would be very useful for recurring shopping lists & larger tasks.
Many people have grown frustrated with Things due to its EXTREMELY SLOW development. The updates consist of unnamed bug and stability fixes. For an $80 app suite you would think the developers would put more effort and speed into offering real feature upgrades.
Elegant, simple, helpful, unencrypted
After trying both trials, I decided to go with things partly because it's significantly simpler than OmniFocus, partly because you can schedule tasks to come back up at the granularity of a day and then manually reorder to organize your day, and partly because it doesn't have so much upfront organization that I get stressed out. Simply put, it works well with the operating system of my brain.
I heartily wish that they had end-to-end encryption of my tasks database in Things Cloud. Anything as personal as the record of *every single thing I do* should be mine alone.
Nice, but getting bloated for me.
I was intrigued by the comments about the simplicity of this app. I've felt that Apples todo app got harder to use. Well, this one wasn't easier at first. In fact, all the categories and Inbox concepts were at first annoying.
But now that I'm running it, I'm noticing it has nice defaults, stays in the category I left, and therefore, is now, in daily use rather simple. But I'm not using 90% of the features and those get in my way, clutter screens, etc.
Still wishing for a very simple And elegant ToDo app, but I'll take this over Apples.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 2.7.3
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2015 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.