By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Includes a new app for Apple Watch ****
“Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O’Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
“Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone.” - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that’s because it is. Other to-do list managers I’ve tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn’t do that. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award “Best iPhone Business & Utility App” - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor’s Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
THINGS FOR APPLE WATCH
Things is now available for Apple Watch—included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone. Have all of your to-dos for the day easily accessible on your wrist, and mark them complete as you go; focus on specific projects; track your progress as you complete to-dos throughout the day; and enter new to-dos easily just by speaking to Siri. See the app in our new video! → http://things.watch
iOS 8 FEATURES
Updated for iOS 8 with a fresh new design and great new features, including a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running; support for larger displays on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus; and 64-bit support.
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (Mac & iPad apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.7.5
• Optimized the initial sync process for improved speed and lower memory consumption.
• Fixed a crash with Local Notifications in iOS 7 or earlier.
• Fixed a crash while initializing and generating repeating tasks.
• Other minor adjustments and fixes.
• No changes in this release.
This app is absolutely wonderful. I love the whole philosophy behind the app - do what you can do today. I really like how the today list not only consists of what is due and/or scheduled for today, but also what you WANT to get done today. That way you can use due dates *only* when the todo actually has a due date. The Scheduled list is also very nice, which you can schedule todos to appear in the Today list and also make repeating todos. The calendar date picker is wonderful, you can set due dates in a snap. If you have complex tasks with multiple steps, you can create a project, and further sort tasks with tags (contexts, like home and work, priority like high, medium or low, by time or anything else you think of).
Additionally, the Apple Watch app is excellent. It shows you all the tasks for Today, and you can quickly dictate a new task to the Inbox or Today list.
I just really love everything about this app and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a todo/task manager. Give it a try.
Things vs Omnifocus
As one might expect, both apps are superb. However, after using both programs fairly extensively, my vote goes to Things. I use GTD for the most part as my framework for handling projects and actions. I find Things to be more intuitive. One example is reviewing your list of action items for "today". Things handles this very simply. With Omnifocus, the set up is far more complex. Even when set up within Omni focus, moving actions up or down in the list to prioritize them is much more difficult. At times, it's impossible. Things is simple to operate and yet does very complex things. While at first glance, it appears to be less flexible than Omni focus, everything in Things is there for a reason. Now that you can sync all of your devices easily, my single gripe with Things has been resolved. That's not to say it is perfect. There are always minor tweaks that can be made. But, for me, Things is very near perfect.
Really impressed!! Siri & Reminders Functionality!!
This app seriously stands out amongst the slew of other note taking apps on the App Store. It should be so much more popular than it is! The app of the same name for Mac complements this iOS app very, very well and is totally worth the high price in my opinion (you get what you pay for!). "Things" manages present and future to-do items better than any other service I have seen. I'm so glad I stumbled across a reviewer online encouraging people to try it.
So, I have to say that the developers of this app really nailed it with this. "Things" is seriously AWESOME at managing current and future to-do items and projects (unbiased guy, not being paid to say this). It's got a simple yet powerful interface with fast and RELIABLE cloud syncing. (I had some VERY bad experiences with Clear syncing between the Mac app and iPhone app thru the cloud, and this went on so long after contacting support that I finally just gave up on Clear, even though the iPhone app by itself is good at what it does).
Also, "Things" even uses Siri and Reminders in a beautifully simple way.
I couldn't be any happier with this team of developers for putting out a quality piece of software that actually syncs over the cloud FAST and RELIABLY. Thank you!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 2.7.5
- Size: 26.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2015 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.