By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Things is now available for Apple Watch. It comes with your purchase of Things for iPhone. ****
UPDATED for OS X YOSEMITE
Things has been updated with a refreshed design, and all-new features including a Today Widget for Notification Center, Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch, and a new “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps.
“Things is a true standout thanks to a great set of features and an interface that makes it a good fit for nearly any level of task management: It’s simple enough to use for the most-basic to-do lists ... but it’s powerful enough to handle a full blown GTD workflow... Things offers a unique combination of ease of use, a great interface, and flexibility that sets it apart from other to-do managers I’ve used.” – Dan Frakes, Macworld, 4½ stars
“Of course, everyone has specific needs and preferences that will steer them toward a particular to-do-list program or another. But Things’ combination of ease of use, great interface, and flexibility make it as close to the ideal Mac to-do app as we’ve seen.” — Macworld
• Apple Design Award - Winner
• Macworld Best of Show Award - Winner
• Macworld Editors’ Choice “Eddy” Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in more than 150 countries
• Featured by Apple in “Best of 2012”
• Featured by Apple in the App Store “Hall of Fame”
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “Better Together - Apps to Connect Mac, iPhone & iPad”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives -- so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Things’ Quick Entry window lets you add new tasks without interrupting your work. And thanks to the amazing Autofill feature, the Quick Entry window can be automatically pre-filled with the currently selected text, along with a link to the email you are reading, the webpage you are currently viewing, or the document you are editing (works with most applications).
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, import Reminders, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.5.5
• Optimized the initial sync process for improved speed and lower memory consumption.
Best todo app out there
If it just allowed me to color items on my list it would get a 5 star,
Excellent Task Manager that is Simple to Use
I have been using Things for several years now and I love this simple, beautifully designed app that focuses on doing one thing and doing it really well. There is no feature bloat here and yet that does not mean the app does not provide you with the means to organize the many things you want to remember, get done or file away for maybe/someday. It can also be helpful for managing simple projects. I use this together with the calendar app included in OS X and between the two of them I am highly organized and on top of things I want to remember to take care of each day. You may be familiar with the book, “Getting Things Done” and Things is laid out to facilitate the flow of task management that book teaches. You can add items into your inbox on the fly and deal with assigning those later to various dates you want to get them done. I usually review the inbox and other sections each day in the morning to plan not only today and make adjustments, additions or deletions as need be but also to review the week ahead, etc. Thoughout the day if some new task I need to get done comes up, I either add it directly to the day I know I want to take care of it or if I am not sure then, I just toss it in the inbox and deal with it later when I do my weekly review if not sooner.
The beauty of Things for me along with its basic structure is how easy it is to manage the tasks once they are in there. It is a breeze to move things around and each night anything I didn’t get to is automatically rolled over to the following day for me. If I wind up with too much stuff going on, something changes or whatever it is a very simple affair to rearrange my tasks and priorities as i see fit. Things never gets in my way with a lot of stuff that would just be distractions. The whole point of an app that excels for task management is for the focus to be on rapidly planning what you are going to do and then getting on with the business of actually doing it. I have seen way too many of these kind of applictions going back many years that try to do so much stuff all in one app that the learning curve is ridiculous and you spend more time messing around with app and planning stuff endlessly than you do getting stuff done. You are going to be far more productive with an app like this where the focus is on your tasks, not the app you are managing them in.
One of my favorite features in Things is being able to click on any task item and then drag that item over to the Scheduled focus area in the left pane of the window which then immediately pops up a nice little calendar for me to select what date I want that item to show up on. It’s just that easy to reassign something to some other day.
If you are looking for something that is easy to learn and easy to use so you can actually get more done than planning to get stuff done I would highly recommend Things to you.
Lastly, I will just add that I have found the app to be highly reliable and stable with zero issues in several years of use now on a daily basis. It just works. I love it when stuff just works. Things just works. Five stars.