By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It's the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
"Things is a true standout thanks to a great set of features and an interface that makes it a good fit for nearly any level of task management: It's simple enough to use for the most-basic to-do lists ... but it's powerful enough to handle a full blown GTD workflow... Things offers a unique combination of ease of use, a great interface, and flexibility that sets it apart from other to-do managers I've used." – Dan Frakes, Macworld, 4½ stars
• Apple Design Award - Winner
• Macworld Best of Show Award - Winner
• Macworld Editor's Choice "Eddy" Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in more than 150 countries
• Featured by Apple in "Best of 2012"
• Featured by Apple in the App Store "Hall of Fame"
• Featured by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• Featured by Apple in "Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People"
• Featured by Apple in "Better Together - Apps to Connect Mac, iPhone & iPad"
When you start using Things, you'll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things' beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn't come at the expense of power – everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives -- so you won't miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what's coming up Next, and what's Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can't work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Things' Quick Entry window lets you add new tasks without interrupting your work. And thanks to the amazing Autofill feature, the Quick Entry window can be automatically pre-filled with the currently selected text, along with a link to the email you are reading, the webpage you are currently viewing, or the document you are editing (works with most applications).
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, import & export Reminders, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Macs, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (iOS apps sold separately). And best of all, Things Cloud is free.
Visit our web site for more information: www.culturedcode.com
"Of course, everyone has specific needs and preferences that will steer them toward a particular to-do-list program or another. But Things’ combination of ease of use, great interface, and flexibility make it as close to the ideal Mac to-do app as we’ve seen." — Macworld
What's New in Version 2.2.5
• Improved how database files are handled and backed up on OS X Mavericks.
Can’t Remotely Compete with More Recent Apps
When you don’t really need to update a review for over a year, something is definitely wrong. Once again, this update that doesn’t fix the most glaring omissions in Things. It has been significantly dumbed down over the years, and they have removed the most basic features and customizations. E.g., I want my entries to appear in my calendar. This is a brain-dead obvious requirement. Things can't do it. It won't talk to Calendar, iCal, or Google Calendar. Useless for me until this is fixed. Things used to do this and more; I have no idea why they would remove a widely appreciated feature. Development has slowed to a snail’s pace and more recent task managers have left Things far behind. It looks like a dinosaur in comparison.
Can’t live without it
My entire life is in Things. Every now and then I look at other apps in case there’s anything better but I haven’t found anything close. Things is the best program for keeping my personal todos that I’ve come across in 20 years of using such tools.
Very good app
Ive used Things for about six months and it is very helpful organizing lists, projects, and To-Do’s…. Easy to use, it syncs between all my Apple devises and has made me more productive.