By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Things is now available for Apple Watch. It comes with your purchase of Things for iPhone. ****
UPDATED for OS X YOSEMITE
Things has been updated with a refreshed design, and all-new features including a Today Widget for Notification Center, Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch, and a new “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps.
“Things is a true standout thanks to a great set of features and an interface that makes it a good fit for nearly any level of task management: It’s simple enough to use for the most-basic to-do lists ... but it’s powerful enough to handle a full blown GTD workflow... Things offers a unique combination of ease of use, a great interface, and flexibility that sets it apart from other to-do managers I’ve used.” – Dan Frakes, Macworld, 4½ stars
“Of course, everyone has specific needs and preferences that will steer them toward a particular to-do-list program or another. But Things’ combination of ease of use, great interface, and flexibility make it as close to the ideal Mac to-do app as we’ve seen.” — Macworld
• Apple Design Award - Winner
• Macworld Best of Show Award - Winner
• Macworld Editors’ Choice “Eddy” Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in more than 150 countries
• Featured by Apple in “Best of 2012”
• Featured by Apple in the App Store “Hall of Fame”
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “Better Together - Apps to Connect Mac, iPhone & iPad”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives -- so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Things’ Quick Entry window lets you add new tasks without interrupting your work. And thanks to the amazing Autofill feature, the Quick Entry window can be automatically pre-filled with the currently selected text, along with a link to the email you are reading, the webpage you are currently viewing, or the document you are editing (works with most applications).
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, import Reminders, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.5.5
• Optimized the initial sync process for improved speed and lower memory consumption.
I’ve been using Things for nearly a year now, and have found that the simplicity of the application has actually left me wanting more functionality. The apple script capability is a nice addition, but it doesn’t fill the gap where the app falls short. The app is simply not worth the money.
There is no integration with calendars, no time option for when a task is due, no option to manage or create new focus sections, and the only section which a user can manage is the “AREAS” and “TAGS” attributes. From my time using the application it seems that both AREAS and TAGS provide a redundant (nearly no differences) form of categorizing your tasks. Also, it may be just me, but the tags section which is part of the AREAS doesn’t actually append any tags to the tasks as described.
Overall, if I hadn’t paid $40 or $50 for the mac app, then bought the iPhone and iPad versions as well then I would have jumped ship long ago. The stock apple “Reminders” app can do every bit of work that “Things” can do and more. It provides support for apple scripting, date/time and location reminders, etc.
Manages To-Do's (present and future) with No Feature Bloat
This Mac and iPhone app do an excellent job managing current and future tasks. I considered Omnifocus, but I don’t need something that overlaps the functinoality of my calendar, nor do I personally need a ton of features. Omnifocus, to me, seems like Evernote but for scheduling/task managing: It’s great if you need a very powerful and extensive feature set. However, I simply want to-do items and basic projects neatly organized in a way that I can see what needs doing now and what needs doing later (with a few other spare features that work well). “Things" does this for me.
I love the super fast and reliable syncing between the Cloud/iPhone/Mac.
I love that Siri and Reminders are integrated into the iOS app! This cannot be overstated.
I love that Scheduled items (recurring or not) show up only when I need them to and otherwise stay hidden away.
I pretty much love every aspect of Things. It’s simple, has a great interface, and just works. You get what you pay for here. “Things" is well thought out and extremely powerful while staying simple and not overly bloated with unnecessary features. Also, I contacted support about a question I had and got the most kind and thorough reply. +1 for that.
Best todo app out there
If it just allowed me to color items on my list it would get a 5 star,