Think Ink: Color Unleashed
By Neenah Paper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Think Ink 1.2 is a free iPhone application that puts powerful design and color theory tools in the palm of your hand. Think Ink lets you:
- Create palettes based on colors captured in your photos, your creation of CMYK or RBG values, or Neenah paper colors.
- Instantly find and order Neenah Paper samples that coordinate with your palettes:
o CLASSIC CREST® Papers
o CLASSIC® Linen Papers
o ENVIRONMENT® Papers
- Create custom color palettes based on the Dewey Color System®, the world’s only validated, color-based personality testing instrument.
- Customize your color palettes in RGB and/or CMYK values displayed for easy reference.
- Choose from four different color palettes: Subdue, Pop, Classic and Blend
- View your color palettes in alternate formats and in type samples.
- Share you color palettes directly from your iPhone with friends, vendors or clients via email.
The Dewey Color System® is the world’s only validated, color-based, personality testing instrument. It’s the first proven system that scientifically predicts the recognized major psychometric personality factors without language. These color attributes provide a quick reference tool for colors and their correlated brand attributes.
The iPhone application Think Ink was created by And Partners, NY and is powered by the Dewey Color System exclusively for Neenah Paper, Inc.
The Dewey Color System is a registered trademark of Dewey Color Systems.
SW-COC-000885 © 1996 FSC
® Registered Trademark and ™ Trademark of Neenah Paper, Inc.
© 2010 NPI. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.2
★ New color system support for ENVIRONMENT® Papers from Neenah Paper. ★
ENVIRONMENT Papers are FSC certified, Green-e certified (made with 100% green energy), and Green Seal certified (containing paper selections from 30% to 100% post-consumer fiber.
Palettes based on photos and colors does not work
This has potential to be a great application for print designers. However picking colors based on photos is not at all effective. It looks as though selection buttons are obscured by the bottom menu. I'm also unable to create a palette based on color. It lets me mix the color but will not give me an option to add it to "My Palettes". Also, the resolution must be improved for iPhone's retina display.
Good start, but needs work
In addition to other problems pointed out in other reviews, there is a problem when you take a picture on which to base a palette. The toolbar at the bottom obscures the buttons that would (presumably) allow you to accept the picture. It also obscures the small swatch that shows the current color under the cursor.
Love the utility, but it crashes
I plan on using this to create color schemes for my paintings. Love everything about this app except that it crashes a lot. I'm going to keep it though, it's just too cool :) .
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 23, 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neenah Paper, Inc.
- © 2009 NPI. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.