Tickle: Program drones, robots, LEGO, and Arduino!
By Tickle Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Fantastic. Program multiple robots, drones, and smart-toys, using a familiar interface." – Code.org
Tickle is "the most awesome blocks programming environment for iPad".
Learn to create virtual games and stories, and have all your robots interact with one another. You can easily program MiPosaur, LEGO, Star Wars BB-8, Sphero, and Dash&Dot robots to move through mazes. You can even program Arduino wirelessly to control these robots and even build custom robots!
- “There are a lot of games and puzzles now that promise to teach kids how to code, but Tickle stands out.” – TechCrunch
- "'School is SO fun.' Thanks @tickleapp for teaching us to fly!" – Hillcrest Elementary
- "Unquestionably the best experience for programming Sphero. Lots of fun." – @ECiardelli, Math and Learning Resource Teacher.
- "The most awesome blocks programming environment for iPad." – @moenig, Lead Developer of Snap! (UC Berkeley's Computer Science course CS10).
- "Seriously loving the amazing new @tickleapp for iPad. Drag and drop programming for real-world objects like @Sphero" – Adam Bellow, Author and Educational Technologist.
Tickle is the world's first app that enables anyone to program an air drone. It's also the world's first visual programming app for MiPosaur by WooWee, the Star Wars BB-8 Droid, Sphero (SPRK) robotic ball, Ollie 2-wheeled robot, Parrot Rolling Spider, Airborne, and Jumping Sumo mini drones, Arduino LightBlue Bean, Philips Hue smart home lighting system, and Dash and Dot by Wonder Workshop – all wirelessly from your iPad. You can also program interactive stories and games using our library of animated characters and sounds.
All the devices, Arduino, and virtual characters work seamlessly with each other. For example, you can use Sphero like a Wii controller to fly a drone. Makers, makerspaces, and makerfaires around the world are empowered by Tickle to interactively and wirelessly program Arduino.
Tickle is easy to learn, yet incredibly powerful. Learn to code the same way as the introductory Computer Science courses at Harvard and UC Berkeley. If you've used Sphero MacroLab, orbBasic, Scratch, Pyonkee, Hopscotch, Tynker, Blockly, and Hour of Code, you'll fall in LOVE with Tickle!
Tickle Robotics Edition is inspired by visual programming languages like Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, Blockly from Google, and ScratchJr from Tufts/MIT. It is generously supported by awesome Kickstarter backers.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
This is so fun
Could you make pen blocks like in some programming apps so our characters can draw shapes♥️ that would make the app even better, please! I love this app.
fantastic programming world, slight bugs
This app makes programming so accessible to adults and kids. drag 2 controls onto the first orca app and you can make the whale chase your finger all over the phone. add a sphero and you can control it from the pitch, roll, and yaw if your phone. Options are endless and surprisingly powerful. Some bugs in the drag&drop of code blocks that touch the top bar, some need to reformat the screen when code blocks stretch to the right, and I wish for ability to just write text at locations on the screen (instead of objects with "think" blocks).
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 31, 2016
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 223 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, Japanese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Tickle Labs, Inc.
- © Tickle Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.