Time.is - exact time for any time zone
By Even Scharning
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Time.is gives you extremely accurate time for any time zone.
- Synchronization to atomic clock time with an accuracy down to ±5 milliseconds
- Instant time conversion/meeting planner/world clock with 7 million locations
- Always up-to-date time zone database, automatically adjusted when time zone rules are changed
- 44 languages
- Sunrise time, sunset time and day length
- Beautiful calendar with interval calculation
- Word clock
- Alarm clock
- Dark/light mode
- Several time and date formats (seconds on/off, 12/24 hour mode)
- Intuitive, gesture driven interface
- Elegant, minimalistic design
- Designed to take advantage of large iPad screens
- Looks great in both portrait and landscape format
- Small file size
- Works offline (except synchronization and search)
- No ads
This app synchronizes to the web site Time.is, which is a favorite among clock collectors and time enthusiasts. Time.is was nominated for the Webby Awards in 2012 (Best Visual Design - Function), and has been featured by Mashable, Lifehacker and Hackernews.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Fixes an issue with some time zones in version 1.1.0
Doesn't know where I live.
Apparently all the positive reviews are from people who live on the East Coast. I gave this app permission to use location services, but it can't figure out that I need Central Time. It makes me skeptical that it will be able to adjust to Daylight Savings Time as it claims. Otherwise, aside from the need to adjust the time by one hour, it works as promised.
Elegantly simple/Concisely complete
This time display is just perfect. It is easy to navigate and straightforward in its design, unencumbered by useless distractions. Worth having, especially for the occasional need to reference significant time shifts in zones halfway around the world!
Need iPhone version desperately
Great app for iPad , been waiting and waiting and waiting for the iPhone version!!! Come on, we need it now