TomTom U.S. & Canada
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app. Now save up to 20% for a limited time.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- US, CA.
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 4G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3 and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.20
LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: Because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
REMOVAL OF FACEBOOK CHECK-IN: Facebook has decided to remove this feature. You can still search for Facebook Places inside the app, but you can’t check in to Facebook Places or navigate to your checked in Facebook friends.
BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
Still the best for offline maps
I constantly travel to areas of the USA and Canada where cell service is either non-existent, or my roaming is severely restricted data-wise (t-mobile still has yet to figure out how to allow people to go over 50 megabytes while roaming...</rant>) That being said, since ALL maps are stored locally on the phone, I can travel with no fear about getting to my destination on the road after I land from the air. This is an essential business tool for me, and has saved my a-double-s many times. Although it's not entirely accurate in many rural areas, it at least gets me close enough to know that I need to start looking around. Truthfully, I'm very happy with this purchase...Well worth it if you travel often, and don't always have reliable data to use Apple maps, or Google.
Best GPS app on iPhone for trips
This is without question still the best GPS app out there for the iPhone. TomTom has the best points of interest searching feature and the driving modes work very well for media playback. If it had Siri integration I would never use anything else for navigation. But this is always my "go to" for trips.
Updates Fail To Restore Traffic
Everything was working good until I upgraded from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6. TomTom seems unable to restore my account onto the new phone hence I have no traffic information. TomTom is aware of the issue but has no clue why. They are still researching. After installing the latest update version 1.20 the problem still isn't fixed. So while the general mapping feature is great if you're traveling and require traffic the app is worthless.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 1.73 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Months TomTom Traffic$17.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$1.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99