Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
* You can now customise the colour of of the different styles. You can even have different colours for each instance!
* Reply markers are now used on the main timelines too, to more easily see which toots have replies, or are replies.
* There are now link preview on the main timelines, too.
* You can pick the type of keyboard to use. The default social media style keyboard is also slightly more clever and will often insert two new lines when you press return.
Ratings and Reviews
Great so far!!
I’ve been complaining about other iOS apps for Mastodon for a long time. I really
appreciate Toot! so far.
There are so many cute features and noises. The switching of instances is easy and fun. Noticing favorites is easy, the boost animation is nice. Reply mapping is amazing and greatly appreciated. Accessibility through use of words (“reply” “favorite” etc) is thoughtful and good. It looks amazing, it is speedy, there are small details that are so helpful: instance initials on the small tab to switch, their full name on the side as they are switching, different toot modes for images versus text, easy to see post privacy, AMAZING image captioning UI where you see the whole image...
There are a few things I dislike or have questions about: how do I put the sensitive content back over images, the image links showing up on browser when posting images, will there be a dark theme, the switching between timelines (home versus federated or instance) isn’t as obvious, the CW yellow warning tab maybe should be a tad bigger, do filters work, will there be access to custom emojis...
But overall this is a vast improvement and a really nice app, and I am so happy to be able to use it finally!
Zach Gage, move over
Toot! has got to be my favorite billiards game on the App Store. The 3D graphics are smooth and stylish, and the physics are extremely responsive. There’s this other stuff about social networking too I guess if you want that.
So far the best app I’ve used for mastodon
Visually stunning, animations are good. The workflow feels very natural. It’s what sets Toot! apart from other mastodon apps.
I can’t seem to find a feature to filter words and posts, though. Just sorting through Home, Local, and Federated and its All there.
- Dag Agren
- 34.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Dag Ågren
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.