Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
* There is now a sharing extension! Share images, videos, text and links on Mastodon from any other app, on any one of your accounts. You can even share large numbers of images and they will posted as a thread!
* Support for drag and drop of images and videos on the posting screen.
* Better support for pasting on the posting screen.
* You can now remove servers that have disappeared from the net.
* 1.5.1: Some bugfixes for the features above.
Ratings and Reviews
Great so far!!
I’ve been complaining about other iOS apps for Mastodon for a long time. I really
appreciate Toot! so far.
There are so many cute features and noises. The switching of instances is easy and fun. Noticing favorites is easy, the boost animation is nice. Reply mapping is amazing and greatly appreciated. Accessibility through use of words (“reply” “favorite” etc) is thoughtful and good. It looks amazing, it is speedy, there are small details that are so helpful: instance initials on the small tab to switch, their full name on the side as they are switching, different toot modes for images versus text, easy to see post privacy, AMAZING image captioning UI where you see the whole image...
There are a few things I dislike or have questions about: how do I put the sensitive content back over images, the image links showing up on browser when posting images, will there be a dark theme, the switching between timelines (home versus federated or instance) isn’t as obvious, the CW yellow warning tab maybe should be a tad bigger, do filters work, will there be access to custom emojis...
But overall this is a vast improvement and a really nice app, and I am so happy to be able to use it finally!
This makes browsing Mastodon more pleasant. It has a quick and easy way to switch accounts, but I wish they had the option to change it from being on the right to being on the left. And for swipe gestures to boost or favorite. And inline replies.
Other than that, it’s a lovely app. Very pleasant to look at, and a breath of fresh air in Mastodon clients.
Quick edit: I wish there was a more convenient way to raise up issues, like a github/bucket to add requests or report on bugs.
My fave mastodon app
I’ve been on mastodon for nearly two years and this has really improved mobile experience. Cute, whimsical feel with solid features. Bought before it had themes and it was great when those came out. Always seems to be moving forward. There’s a few things I’d like to see improved but the tickets are in and the dev is super responsive, so I’m hopeful!
- Dag Agren
- 43 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Dag Ågren
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.