Top of the Morning: Morning Assistant
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Featured by The Next Web, Lifehacker, and CBS News **
Top of the Morning is a minimalist morning assistant. It provides a simple way to kick start your day with the right amount of information – weather, date and time, iOS synced reminders and calendar events, news, and the stock market. Its intuitive design and gestures make this information accessible to be consumed as quickly as possible.
- Current conditions
- 12-hour forecast in 3-hour intervals
- Chance of precipitation
- iOS synced Reminders
- Display All incomplete or Only Today
- Mark complete
- iOS synced Calendar events
- Choose Calendars
- Search feeds for your favorite RSS feed
- Five most recent stories
- 15-minute delayed stock market quotes
- Market Snapshot
- Choose from US, Asia, or Europe
- Tap tile to full screen
- Pinch or double tap full screen tile to return
- Swipe between stocks
- Swipe between reminders and calendar events
What's New in Version 1.1
- Now set reminders to display all incomplete or only today.
- Select which calendars are displayed.
- Two new themes – Blueberry and Blackberry!
- Select US, SI, or Auto for weather units!
- Fixed date and time 24-Hour issue
- Double tap to return to full screen
- Bug fixes
- Minor UI changes
This app is creative and a phenomenal idea. It combines everything I look at in the morning, but it started out strong and hasn't followed through. I would love to see the news update and show more than 5 articles. Same goes for the stock. Although I can see how that could be away for making someone use another app for the more detailed information. All in all it is pretty neat. Oh and a white or light gray background would be cool.
Keeps checking location!
Today I noticed that this app checks my location every minute, even though the app is closed (not active in the background) and there is no "refresh in the background" setting. This is not good for battery life! I have turned off location checking now and am waiting for an update before I turn it on again!
looks nice but...
the app looks nice but lacks some features. for example: i cannot remove the stock feature and replace it with something else. Also, the news don't refresh.. this is weird. And you have to choose only one source or news which is weird, too. 2 stars for the minimal look.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 09, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tradeam pty ltd
- © 2013 Tradeam pty ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.