Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Politix is the political social network where you can vote on issues, build your political profile, and interact with the news.
Take your stand on the issues you care about.
- Politix provides a place to weigh in on the news and issues around the 2012 elections. Vote on an issue you care about, and make your statement on that issue. We make this easy by giving you the option to either write your own, or endorse another person’s statement that sums up your opinion. This way if you’re on the go, or think someone said it better, you can endorse their statement to make your opinion known.
See what people around the nation are thinking.
- We give you a place to check out what other people are saying on the issues and candidates, and allow you to find like-minded thinkers and worthy opponents to engage in discussion.
- Politix was hatched out of the observation that people feel frustrated that they’re not being heard. We want to give you a platform where you can take your stand on the issues, and be heard. We’ve made sharing easy, so that you can share your statements, comments, and your political profile with your social networks.
Stay up to date on the News and Issues.
- On Politix, you can read political stories curated and written by our growing editorial team. All of our content is geared toward engaging your perspective, and each of our stories ends with a call to action or weigh-in question. We’ve also organized these by Issue and Person to make it easy for you to follow and stay up on specific areas of interest. In addition, you can check out and compare where the candidates stand on all the issues, and weigh in on their positions.
Build your Political Profile.
- With Politix, you can build your profile through interactions that fit naturally into the way that you get news online. Comment on articles, make your statements, and build a profile containing your political platform. From there, you can share your profile with friends, family, your social networks, and start conversations around important issues you care about.
What's New in Version 1.2.6
- Bug fixes
How the interesting have fallen
Politix was a good app for a great site to comment on political issues but it quickly became a haven for right-wing/tea party bashing of all things democrat or liberal. (Invariably every article was somehow tied back to blaming Obama, especially when there was no connection). That's fine. But the failing grace came when those who ran the app/website decided to shirk any pretense of moderating political discourse and turned it into a "post your own links and comment" type of app/website. Now it's just a conservative/tea party/libertarian re-posting site of anything permeating their respective blogospheres. Article links that came from news sites now come regularly from sites like The Blaze or Breitbart or other pro-right spin sources. It's fine to comment on those but there's already a place to make those comments...their own websites. This site could have stayed, and for a short time was, a place to have interesting, if not heated, debates on political issues. Now it's just a right-wing, hate Obama, hate liberals, rant-app. If that's your thing, enjoy the app. If you want intelligent debate between conservatives and liberals on issues of the day...you're downloading the wrong app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 06, 2014
- Version: 1.2.6
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Topix
- © Topix LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.