Welcome to the most complete, flexible, and cost-effective way to control everything in your home...and beyond!!!
IMPORTANT: Please get the TouchControl Server (designer) app for macOS (from the Mac App Store) or Windows (at www.touchapptech.com) and try it out BEFORE purchasing this app for your iOS device to make sure that TouchControl will meet your needs. Informed customers are happy customers! Also please note that the server/designer does NOT need to be running 24/7 on your network to use TouchControl on your iOS device!
With TouchControl, you can turn any iOS device into a universal network, infrared, and PC remote control! With TouchControl you can create FULLY CUSTOMIZED remote control screens for your Mac or PC, A/V and other infrared- or network-controlled devices (IMPORTANT: additional hardware required for IR control). The free Mac or Windows PC software provides user interface (remote control) design functionality, and can also optionally enable running programs, executing commands and scripts, and controlling the mouse and keyboard on your Windows computer directly from your iOS device, giving you almost unlimited control. The Windows server also natively supports the USB-UIRT for PC-based IR control.
TouchControl gives you more than any other iOS remote automation app:
• Direct device-to-device control of iTach and GC-100 network adapters (www.globalcache.com), Philips Hue lights, iRTrans LAN adapters (www.irtrans.com), network attached A/V equipment, Keene IR Anywhere, Insteon hubs, and more (just about anything that's network attached)!
• Integrated IR code database for Global Caché adapters. Over 138,000 searchable IR code sets freely available in an easy-to-use interface to quickly and easily configure your Global Caché buttons!
• DIrect control of automation software such as AutoHotKey, EventGhost, Girder, IRCommand2, and more!
• Build activities that can automatically discover and control any devices on your network that support Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP).
• Build activities for Apple Watch! (Device control and 2-way communication provided via the paired iPhone app.)
• Control your devices from a browser and schedule commands to run at set times via the built-in web server (in-app purchase required).
• Control your devices using your voice (in-app purchase required).
• Mouse & keyboard control of your Windows PC, plus control of HTPC software such as WIndows Media Center, JRiver, XBMC, WinAmp, Pandora, and more!
• Monitor your Mac or Windows desktop from your iOS device using the exclusive TouchControl Screen Grabber!
• Fully customizable user interface on your iOS device!
REQUIREMENTS: A Mac or Windows PC is required to design and configure the remote control activities (screens, devices, buttons, etc.) used in TouchControl via the FREE TouchControl Server software. However, the server DOES NOT need to be running 24x7 on your network to use TouchControl on your iOS device (only required for those features that require a Mac or PC, such as running desktop commands & programs, mouse/keyboard control, screen grabber, AutoHotKey, etc.).
Please visit http://www.touchapptech.com to learn more about the devices that can be controlled with TouchControl, and to make sure you meet the requirements. You are encouraged to install and try the FREE Mac or Windows server/designer software before purchasing the iOS app and verify it meets your needs. Mac server available in the Mac App Store. Windows server available on the TouchControl web site.
** IMPORTANT ** All feedback is welcome in the App Store; however, support for this app is provided via the TouchControl website only, as there is no mechanism available to address problems reported via the app store. If you have any problems with TouchControl, PLEASE contact support via the web site.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than iRule
I was looking for something to replace a great remote I had worked on over the years, iRule, which was discontinued. Looked at a dozen options, finally settled on this app and very happy I did. This app does more than iRule ever did and is well supported. Many things are easier than was the case in iRule, and, it doesn’t rely on companies website to run. Like any good remote app, there are many things to learn. But the language is much better than iRules limited custom language.
Way over my head :(
I didn't think it would be so difficult. Going through all pages of instructions gave me a headache and some did not match up to what I was seeing in app installed on Mac. I'm very technical but not program savvy so had to give up. Was hoping for pre-configs to install. Needed a universal remote that did not require me to update my iOS (didn't want to break my perfectly working phone). Oh well back to my search.
I'm truly sorry that TouchControl didn't work out for you. If you ever decide to give it another try, please contact me and I'm positive we can get it working for you. TouchControl requires iOS 8 or above, so if you are using a version prior to that, then yes, that would be a problem. Please contact me via the web site if there is anything I can do to help if you decide to try again!
Another VERY satisfied convert from iRule
As a long time iRule user, I was on a mission to find a remote replacement when I found out iRule had been sold and their servers would eventually be shut down. I tried many different apps prior to trying Touch Control and all lacked in some form compared to what I had been able to do with iRule. Also, many were clunky, had poor design interfaces or had problems with crashing, etc.
After spending a couple hours with Touch Control, I knew this would be the perfect replacement. Not only does Touch Control do all that iRule does but it does a TON more and more often than not, in a much more straightforward way. The options with Touch Control are seemingly limitless and as I journey through designing my new remote, each day I discover new, neat features I want to add.
I’ve got control and feedback set up for a bunch of different home theater and lighting devices and look forward to adding more.
This is not a ‘set up in an hour or two’ kind of remote. It requires a fair amount of setup, layout and programming time, but it allows unlimited customization based solely on how you want to accomplish things and lay them out. If you’re a DIY’er and like to tinker, this is an amazing app. After several weeks working with it in my limited spare time, I’ve got nothing bad to say about. There are regular updates that keep adding cool new features and did I mention the tech support is awesome? A+++
Hi goaudiomke. Thanks for the great review! Glad you are enjoying TouchControl!
- Touch App Technologies, LLC
- 71.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Touch App Technologies, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- AutoHotKey $1.99
- Global Caché $1.99
- IRCommand2 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.