TouchControl Universal Remote Control With Automation
By Touch App Technologies, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Celebrating 5 years in the app store!
Welcome to the most complete, flexible, and cost-effective way to control everything in your home...and beyond!!!
What customers are saying:
• "This is the best app I have ever used at any cost...It does about anything you can think of...When you realize the power you have with this program you will be amazed it is so inexpensive."
• "Quite simply, this is the best remote control software out there. The power of this application is really incredible."
• "I have tried several remote apps out there and this is by far the most customizable app I have ever used. No other app I know of allows this level of customization."
With TouchControl, you can turn any iOS device into a universal network, infrared, and PC remote control! TouchControl will let you create FULLY CUSTOMIZED remote control screens for your PC, A/V and other infrared- or network-controlled devices (additional hardware required for IR control). The free Windows PC software enables running programs, executing commands, and controlling the mouse and keyboard on your Windows computer directly from your iOS device, giving you almost unlimited control. The server also natively supports the USB-UIRT for PC-based IR control.
TouchControl gives you more than any other iOS remote automation app:
• Direct device-to-device control of iTach and GC-100 network adapters (www.globalcache.com), iRTrans LAN adapters (www.irtrans.com), network attached A/V equipment, Keene IR Anywhere, Insteon SmartLinc, and more (just about anything that's network attached)!
• Integrated IR code database for Global Caché adapters. Over 138,000 searchable IR code sets freely available in an easy-to-use interface to quickly and easily configure your Global Caché buttons!
• DIrect control of automation software such as AutoHotKey, EventGhost, Girder, IRCommand2, and more!
• Build activities that can automatically discover and control any devices on your network that support Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP).
• Mouse & keyboard control of your Windows PC, plus control of HTPC software such as WIndows Media Center, JRiver, XBMC, WinAmp, Pandora, and more!
• Monitor your Windows desktop from your iOS device using the exclusive TouchControl Screen Grabber!
• Fully customizable user interface on your iOS device!
The limits of TouchControl lie only in your imagination! The remote control screens are designed from the ground up by YOU, using graphics and design layouts that YOU provide. Once you start creating remote control screens, you'll find that just about any design you can imagine is possible!
REQUIREMENTS: A Windows PC is required to design and configure the remote control activities (screens, devices, buttons, etc.) used in TouchControl via the FREE TouchControl Server software. However, the server DOES NOT need to be running 24x7 on your network to use TouchControl on your iOS device (only required for those features that require a PC, such as running PC commands & programs, mouse/keyboard control, PC screen grabber, AutoHotKey, etc.).
Please visit http://www.touchapptech.com to learn more about the devices that can be controlled with TouchControl, and to make sure you meet the requirements. You are encouraged to visit the web site before purchasing to download and try the FREE Windows PC software and verify it works on your system.
** IMPORTANT ** All feedback is very welcome in iTunes/App Store; however, support for this app will be provided via the TouchControl website only, as there is no mechanism available to address problems reported via iTunes or the app store. If you have any problems with TouchControl, PLEASE contact support via the web site.
What's New in Version 8
• Custom transitions! You can now slide, push, or flip from any direction, curl up or down, dissolve, or zoom activities! Watch for more transition options in future releases.
• New "External Mousepad". Use the GesturePad Mousepad feature to control devices using natural mouse-like cursor control.
• Now run script from your link buttons.
• Bug fixes
New features listed above require the new server designer available at http://www.touchapptech.com/download.htm
Best DIY Automation Software Avail. Bar None
I used to use an IR Harmony remote for my main living area but once you go down the IP/WIFI control path, you’ll never look back… tech friends don’t let tech friends use infrared remotes. :-) I spent many weeks trying out different solutions to automate/control my entire house. Looked at all the popular ones out there as well as not so popular. I wanted something that was not limiting and would allow me to control devices in many different ways. I didn’t want to be reliant upon storing my configuration on someone else’s server. 4 years ago I chose this app and what I got was more than I had ever hoped for. My entire house is automated and impresses everyone who sees what I’ve done. I’ve even setup a couple friends’ homes with Touch Control along with the purchase of a Global Cache IP2IR device and they are blown away. The support is unbelievably amazing and the product is always being improved with more and more features allowing you to… well, the sky is the limit. Yes, it does require computer skills and depending on how far you want to go with this product can increase that demand, but hey, what doesn’t? Again, the support is stupendous so if you need it it’s there. If you can’t do it with this software, it can’t be done.
It IS rocket science
If you are looking for an easy way to control your home theatre components, this isn't it. I am very tech savvy, but you need to be a CNE to have a chance to figure this out. If you want to spend loads of time learning the software and setting up a server go for it!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 8
- Size: 39.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Touch App Technologies, LLC
- © Touch App Technologies, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Global Caché$1.99