TrackMyTour - Travel Sharing
By Christopher Meyer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrackMyTour lets you create an online map and microblog of your travels for friends and family to follow along. Thousands of travellers have already used TrackMyTour to chronicle and share their vacations, business trips, bike tours, hikes, road trips, and boat cruises.
HOW IT WORKS
- Create a map and share it with your friends and family.
- Go travelling and add waypoints whenever you want to highlight a location or just say, "Here I am!" Waypoints can include text and a photo.
- Your friends and family can follow a breadcrumb trail of your trip by visiting the link you sent them.
See sample maps at https://trackmytour.com/browse/.
TrackMyTour is not a real-time tracker, which saves battery power and keeps roaming costs at a minimum. Waypoints can also be saved offline when a network connection is not available, and submitted later when you're back online (e.g., hotel WiFi).
- create waypoints without a network connection
- follow tours with the app and be instantly notified of updates
- friends & family can leave comments on your tour
- sharing with Twitter and Facebook
- see the TrackMyTour FAQ at https://trackmytour.com/faq/
TrackMyTour is free to get started, and if you like it you can purchase an in-app upgrade to unlock additional features. Give it a try and happy touring!
WHAT HAVE OUR USERS SAID?
- TrackMyTour is a great and thoughtful application for the tech savvy tourist that has an iPhone. It's a great way to track your journey and share it with others. - Adventure Cycling Association
- A great way to keep others in your group updated on your exact location, especially on shore excursions. - Thomas Cook Cruises Magazine
- I found TrackMyTour, a perfect geo-tracking micro blogging app. It allowed me to literally track my tour, but also to embed photos and messages. Love the app. - tarnold (iTunes)
- I can't tell you enough to get this app. We use this when ever we travel and it works great. Use this program when ever you spend time with friends or visit new places. Keeping your friends and family up to date with your trips let's them feel like they are going with you. With track my tour pictures are easy and a snap to take. I almost want to go on extra trips just to use this app. - Tandem Abe (iTunes)
What's New in Version 5.3.8
- fixed crash when adding photos stored in iCloud
I am using this app, and will continue using it, to track my four month trip around the southeastern states. It is a perfect tool for friends to keep track of my travels, where I am and what I am doing. It also allows me to add a photo and have a diary of the trip. It would be helpful to have a few more "waypoint" options, such as historic sites and visits with friends along the way. I am going to National Parks and Sites and would like something more specific to distinguish these from other "points of interest." Thank you for developing this wonderful app! I will be using it for future trips, too.
I wish I could upload larger images, but I understand I'm not paying anything for storage. This app is super simple and great. I would love to see development continue on it, to see more features. Still the geo coding of the pictures and mapping then for others to see makes this tour tracking app better than others I have tried.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 09, 2017
- Version: 5.3.8
- Size: 32.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christopher Meyer
- © 2017 Christopher Meyer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- TrackMyTour Premium$11.99