By Trail Recipes SIA
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hiking, car-camping, or backpacking – no matter what kind of activity you prefer, every time when you’re planning next trip, the question is usually asked, “What am I going to eat?”
Trail Chef App will give you an easy and organized way to create a mouthwatering camping menu.
With over 60 trail-tested recipes and option to add your own customized food, you can prearrange your meals in categories, get their nutritional info and plan a daily menu according to your activities!
• All recipes are available offline. No Internet connection needed
• Conversion to metric or imperial units
• Custom designed icons and infographics
• Colourful pictures
• 60+ trail tested, easy-to-follow recipes
• Special recipe categories: lightweight, vegetarian, one-pot etc
• Mark recipes as favourite to quickly add them to a plan
• “Add your own food&recipes” feature
Menu Planning Tool:
• Meal planning by day, by physical activity level or daily caloric needs
• Daily menu summary – weight of food and calorie density
• Summary of the whole plan – total food weight, average number of calories, etc
• Menu plan and “on-the-trail” cooking instructions export
What's New in Version 2.0
We redesigned app to make it shine, colourful and easy-to-navigate as possible
Each recipe has a fabulous picture now!
12 of our favourite recipes have been added to the Trail Chef recipe catalogue:
• Everybody-Can-Make Pizza
• Chapati – Backcountry Flatbread
• Fish Crumble
• Mushroom Polenta With Chorizo Chips
• Hot Cranberry Orange Drink
• Thai Style Beef Jerky
• Easy Trail Tiramisu
• Irish Soda Bread
• Bacon and Honey Oatmeal
• Oatmeal Pancakes
• 3 Mushroom Risotto
Each recipe includes detailed nutritional information on kcals, protein, carbs, fat, sugar and salt per serving;
Plus we’ve made a minor bug fixes and performance emprovements
You shouldn't settle for just Ramen Noodles
...and this app makes sure you don't have to. We now eat like kings in the backcountry. The jambalaya, polenta w/chorizo chips and others are simple enough for a non-chef like me to prepare and cook after a full day's hike.
Warning: the food is so good that your fellow hikers will name you grubmaster for each trip.
Exactly what I needed
This is a great app for beginner backpackers on multi day treks. The food is great and exciting each day and there are a ton of options. Even if their recipes are not for you it will definitely give you a good idea of what is possible on the trail and more importantly, what's realistic.
Put all my meals in for a camping trip then discovered there's no master view of what I need to buy or prep at home or pack. Two days before the trip. Asked for a refund.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 46.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Trail Recipes SIA
- © 2014, Tatjana Krezevska
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dehydrated Backpacking Meals$0.99
- Lightweight Recipes$0.99
- Italian Set$0.99
- Good Morning$0.99
- Vegetarian Recipes$0.99
- Hot And Spicy$0.99