Record all your outdoor activities be it hiking, jogging, cycling, or canoeing, and observe real-time statistics on your Apple Watch.
Trails records and displays your geo coordinates along with comprehensive statistics including duration, distance, altitude, ascent/descent, speed, pace, step count (iPhone 5S and newer), and many more. Capture photos, mark waypoints and create segments along your path to complete your recording. No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads!
Import tracks from GPX files, let Trails guide you along imported or self-recorded tracks and see your progress along the way. Topographic maps display elevation lines, ski slopes, lifts, and other relevant landscape information. Get Trails Pro to unlock imports, routing, offline topographic maps, and more.
◉ Your Logbook
• Dashboard: View and filter activity summaries across multiple tracks
• Tags: Organize and filter your tracks
• Track analysis: Compare any two graphable statistics in zoomable, interactive graphs
• Heatmaps: Spot peaks at a glance
• Editing: Split and cut segments, insert waypoints
◉ Apple Watch Support
• Start and stop recordings, see live statistics, track your active energy & heart rate
• Apple Watch Series 2: Record GPS tracks without your phone
◉ Tightly Integrated
• Health & Activity app: Save track summaries to your Health database
• Today Widget: Start/stop recordings & see live statistics
• Siri: Start, stop, and resume recordings
• Spotlight (system search): Find existing tracks, waypoints and photos, or start recording from Spotlight
• 3D Touch on the homescreen: Access your last track or start recording immediately
• Bluetooth accessories: Pair external heart rate monitors and bike computers (cycling speed & cadence)
◉ Privacy-Focussed Sharing
• Wi-Fi sharing: View your tracks on a bigger screen without uploading them to the internet
• Export: Share tracks as GPX files, upload them directly to supported services, or create a weblink via Trails.io (see https://trails.io/s/2xal4g/ for an example)
• No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads
◉ Trails Pro Features
• GPX file import via AirDrop, email attachment, weblink, or file provider extension (e.g., iCloud Drive or Dropbox)
• Offline topographic maps in various styles (powered by the OpenStreetMap community)
• Routing: Follow a track or a set of waypoints
• Unlimited recordings: Record as many tracks as your device can store
• Alerts: Audible alerts remind you in configurable intervals and read out one or more statistics
You can try out all other features and keep up to five tracks without Trails Pro. Record more tracks by deleting older recordings.
Trails Pro is available as a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription via in-app purchase. The subscription is non-recurring: It will end automatically after 3, 6, or 12 months respectively. No automatic re-billing, no hidden fees.
If you have any question about Trails, please don't hesitate to ask us! (email@example.com)
Trails supports recording your location in the background. Please understand that continued use of location services can decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Go for it!
I love this app. It is a great addition to the Apple watch, and works very well as a trail running app for the watch. I live in the mountains and run with it almost everyday. I have been very impressed with the balance this app finds, between having a clean interface, and having a good depth of features. I love the options given in run on the watch, and then the detailed stats you can get afterwards on the phone. Having Elevation gain is a great feature and seems relatively accurate. I also love the great web display when sharing routes or tracks with others. All in all, this is a very nice app for outdoor sports, and i would recommend it for serious runners, not just people who do light jogs. Lastly, the support i have had with this app has been fantastic. I had a few questions and comments, and they were promptly answered with good feedback. If anyone is wondering if this is worth the subscription, it certainly is, go for it!
It does what it should
I have been using the Trails app for about seven years. Recently the Trails app stopped working with the latest iOS. I was forced to buy the app in it’s new form and in so doing all of my other hiking data was trapped in the old unsupported app. I wrote an email to customer help and believe it or not, I actually was helped. It wasn’t a simple solution, but they walked me through it and stuck with it over an exchange of approximately 10 emails. These people really do support their app. I couldn’t be happier to have not lost all of that data. The new app is way better than the old one and has much better graphics. I think it’s money well spent for the Trails pro
Does not work with Apple Watch 3 GPS
I just spent four days in Zion Park hiking and was excited to use the app. Do not download or use this app. The mileage and elevation tracking are grossly off. For a 7-mike hike, the app recorded 20.8 miles! For 1,400 feet in elevation gain, it recorded 2,800 feet in gain. I contacted Trails support, sent both days worth of tracking data from their app and they simply said they cannot resolve and told me to request a refund from the Apple App Store. I wrote this I hoped that it might save someone the trouble I just went through as well as the disappointment of not being able to track a few epic hikes.
UPDATE: Trails responded to my reviewing claiming I did erratic zig zagging causing the error. Any person who hikes inclines at altitude knows this is the norm - they’re called switchbacks. If an app cannot track someone cl moving switchbacks then it should never claim to be a Trails app.
We are sorry you've experienced issues with our watch app. We looked into the data you sent and noticed that the system-provided GPS data included erratic zig zag movements* that directly cause the irritating statistics. Among thousands of users, this is the first report of this kind on Apple Watch so we do not have an explanation or solution for this yet, but we are of course looking into it.
We always try hard to resolve show-stopping issues like this one, but unfortunately, it is not always possible short-term. Since you asked for a refund, we naturally explained the necessary steps to request it.
* Update: We did not mean to indicate that you actually performed these movements, just that the GPS sensor reported them. These errors/inaccuracies can be caused by hardware or (system) software issues, misconfiguration from our app, or anything in between, and that's what we're investigating. We apologize if our previous response wasn't clear on that part.
- iosphere GmbH
- 77 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Kölsch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 iosphere GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Trails Pro for one year $4.99
- Trails Pro for 3 months $1.99
- Trails Pro for 6 months $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.