An educational game to learn the location of notes on the fretboard of the ukulele. Ten instruments are available, including guitar (acoustic and electric), bass guitar, mandolin and banjo.
You are presented with a random note on the fretboard, and are offered a variety of choices for the correct answer. Just pick the button corresponding to the correct choice to score a hit!
The new staff training mode also helps you learn the position of notes on the musical staff on the fretboard of your instrument.
As your score gets better and you manage to identify notes faster across the entire fretboard, your working knowledge of the instrument increases!
Game mode provides a fun way to make progress. Work your way through levels of increasing difficulty and compete with your friends!
WHAT ARTISTS SAY ABOUT THE APP
“ Learning the notes on the fretboard is key to any guitarist's development on the instrument, and [Fretuoso] is a neat way to get that info burned into your brain without having to carry a guitar with you everywhere you go. Pretty cool! ”
-- Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Steve Vai, Mike Keneally)
“ This is one of the best apps I've seen in a while. It's simple, fun and educational. Very useful for guitar players as a lot of [them] tend to play by ear and not care much about knowing the fretboard. ”
-- Rick Musallam (Mike Keneally, Gryphon Labs)
- Train your ear while improving your working knowledge of the instrument.
- Learn the position of notes on the musical staff; say goodbye to tabs!
- Eleven different beautiful, realistic-looking instruments! Includes 5 guitars, 3 basses, mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
- Focus your training on particular parts of the fretboard: any range of frets, any subset of the strings.
- Many common tunings are built in, but custom tunings can also be created.
- Visualize your progress on the fretboard; statistics are kept for every fret.
- Smart Learning Engine: the app automatically focuses on sections of the fretboard where you are weaker.
- Integration with Game Center, Twitter and Facebook: compete with your friends and share your progress!
- Left-handed mode is available.
The basic version comes with the full ukulele instrument. Additional instruments can be purchased from within the app, either separately or as a discounted bundle.
Updates for the latest iPad Pro devices. Added support for Siri shortcuts in iOS 12.
Please e-mail us directly at email@example.com with your questions or requests so we may assist you!
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to learn the fretboard
Been using this app for a few weeks and it has really helped me improve my sight reading. Very exciting to have this tool in my back pocket.
Great note/fretboard exercise app
It helps to read note and
fret the note.
1. Could you make the
read-ed note grey out to
the left? People read the next note to the right
(from left to right)
2. Could you also make it to
Show a bar of notes,
say 4/4, 6/8.
It helps sight reading.
If you can take this a step
further, then let user to
specify notes in a bar or
3. Make also open string
strumming on the string, instead of on the 0-th fret.
Not worth 2.99
This app has potential. Right now it looks like not much thought went into it.
The interface is unattractive.
There is no mode that simply shows what the notes are.
There is no mode to pluck the strings and have the note appear.
What you are getting is three similar guessing games. It shows the note (the note name/note on the staff) and you guess by plucking the string.
I haven't tried the upgrade yet, which apparently allows you to pluck the note by hearing it.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Catloaf Software LLC
- 116.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Catloaf Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Instruments $3.99
- Acoustic Guitar $0.99
- Bass Guitar $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.