Traktor DJ for iPhone
By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPhone. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Ingenious use of iPhone’s compact screen real estate – swipe from one-deck focus to split-screen view
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
- Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPhone and share with your friends
Please note: The Metadata sync feature has been removed from TRAKTOR PRO 2. It’s still possible though, to sync metadata between two instances of TRAKTOR DJ.
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPhone 4S or higher, iPod Touch (5th generation) or higher, and iOS 7.0 or higher. Recommended are iPhone 5, or iPhone 6.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
What's New in Version 1.6.2
This update addresses several compatibility issues between TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK2 soundcards and devices running iOS 8.
Good / could be better
The mixing capabilities, effects, and UI are generally awesome.
Some UI stuff could be a little more intuitive, such as:
- how to get back from recommended tracks once you nav away from it (not easy to discover the right hand drawer)
- how to play a song, in sync, starting at a cue, at a specific point in time in the song on the other deck. (Would be cool if cues could be linked or something? For example, when you hit a 'cause' cue, a corresponding 'effect' cue starts automatically)
- Would be nice to be able to save cues for tracks--or even have a way to do that automatically, and a way to manage cues.
- Even jumping around within a song is not an obvious maneuver. I'm still flopping around with this after more than an hour with the app
Thank you Native Instruments!!!
This app is amazing. You can edit the beat grid so easily. What I recommend to nee users is this: Since the app automatically syncs the tempos of both decks, any transition should theoretically be smooth. If it is not, then the beat grid needs to be readjusted on the problematic deck. It works every time (for me). Best DJing app for the iphone. The transitions that this app is capable of is unmatched so far.
Proper Nathan Barley
The faders are bit weird and they seem to jump sometimes. It also took me about an hour to realize there is a mixer (why isn't it to the right by the fader?), but I have to say, this thing is sweet. Got into a proper flow with it. The track recommendations are smart, the beat matching is flawless, looping is easy. Very fluid UI. Amazing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 63.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2014 Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases