iSailor is an award-winning easy-to-use marine and river navigation system developed for amateur seafarers.
Intended for use on boats and yachts, iSailor provides clear presentation of navigation information, electronic charts and additional content. Transas own TX-97 vector format charts supported by iSailor are recognized worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information.
The application operates on iPhones and iPads utilizing the built-in GPS or an external Bluetooth GPS.
Supported devices (with iOS version 8.x.x and higher):
• iPhone 4 or higher
• iPad - 2nd generation or higher
Available chart folios cover coastal and offshore waters of North America, Latin and South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Far East, Asia, Australia & New Zealand.
All chart folios can be selected, purchased and downloaded via the iSailor application interface using its Chart Store section utilizing the standard iTunes Store payment/purchasing procedure.
• Positioning system: iOS (Built-In GPS), NMEA GPS or AIS Class B (Optionally)
• NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors (Optionally)
• NMEA Echo Sounder with a graphical 2D echogram and water temperature sensor (Optionally)
• NMEA Wind Sensor, including True & Relative wind calculation (Optionally)
• Display of charts, routes, track(s) and user objects
• AIS target presentation. target contours and dimensions (Optionally)
• Internet AIS service (Optional subscription)
• Weather service (Optional subscription)
• Tides and tidal currents (Optional subscription)
• Sailing guides. regional marinas (Optional subscription)
• North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
• Information on any vector chart objects
• Free cursor, Point-To-Point and Own ship referenced ERBL functionality
• Monitoring of navigational data: Position, Course (COG) and Speed Over Ground (SOG)
• Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods. “Go To” routes.
• Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
• Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
• Multiunits and multilanguage support
• Custom track colours
• Day and night chart palettes
• Alarm monitoring functionality
• Route, track and user object: export/import via GPX, KML and KMZ formats
• User object sharing via: Facebook, Twitter, iMessenger, e-Mail
NOTE: Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life. Transas iSailor app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
iSailor web site: http://www.isailor.us
Any questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
What’s new in the Transas iSailor 1.10.1:
• Bug Fixing, General Performance and Improvements
Transas iSailor team
Ratings and Reviews
Terrific value, overall, but with a caveat for the tides plug-in
I have used this app everywhere, from Biscayne Bay, to the Adriatic, to the middle of the Caribbean. It can get a bit cluttered, but overall it’s great for basic route planning and tracking, and generally pretty intuitive to use. When sailing a thousand-mile passage in the Caribbean, it was great to be able to pull my iPhone out of my pocket at any time, day or night, and see our heading, COG, speed, and distance to waypoint.
I recently bought the tides and tidal currents plug-in, in order to plan a voyage in the Pacific Northwest. The currents really rip, up there, so it’s critical to have down-to-the-minute accuracy on tides.
To ensure accuracy, I compared times in the app with times on the Canadian government’s official tide tables, and found that the times were waaaay off. They weren’t event close.
I soon realized that I needed to set the time zone in the iPad (I’m on the East Coast) to the time zone where I was planning my voyage (British Columbia). After doing that, and adjusting the Canadian tide tables for daylight savings time, the times were much closer. But close won’t count when crossing Seymour Narrows.
Excellent navigation aid
I’ve been using iSailor for a few years now on both my iPhone and iPad. I’ve had literally no issues! I admit that I often don’t read documentation as I should, but that’s precisely why I chose to write a review. It is a very easy app to learn and to use, which allowed effective use from the very start. So rather than studying the documentation to begin using the app, one turns to the documentation only to bring in more of the advanced navigational features as desired. Highly recommended!
I've used iSailor for several years and have never had ANY issues. I've never had it crash. It's very stable.
I export my routes to my wife when she stays home. She knows exactly where I've been during the day. It's easy to use.
I recently purchased the "Weather" part of the app and love it. Tells me everything I need to know; tides, wind, pressure, wave height, etc.
Don't look any further, this is the app you need for boating and sailing.
Hi Atoffd, thank you so much for such a lovely review. Have a nice day! Transas iSailor team
- Transas Marine International AB
- 77 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transas Marine Limited
- In-App Purchases
- USA. New York to Nantucket and to Cap May, NJ. $14.99
- GULF COAST $14.99
- ATLANTIC COAST $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.