By Matthias Gansrigler
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Transloader lets you download URLs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Mac via iCloud.
Add URLs to any kind of file in Transloader on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and it will sync them to your Mac for download.
This way, if you come across a link to a Mac-app demo, a zip file or a dmg on your iPhone, for example, and want to download it, you just paste that link into Transloader for iOS and it will be synced to the Mac app where it will be downloaded, ready for when you're in front of your Mac again.
- The Mac app Transloader on a Mac with OS X Lion or later (available for purchase on the Mac App Store)
- The same iCloud account on your iOS device and Mac (available for free from Apple)
For further information, please visit Transloader's website.
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at email@example.com, or on twitter at @eternalstorms.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Stores URLs from your clipboard instead of asking you to act on them right away
- Better feedback on the progress of downloads on your Mac (see if a download is finished or still running)
- Share URLs with other users of Transloader via AirDrop
- New design for iOS 7
- You can now delete not-yet-synced URLs
- The textfield for adding URLs manually is larger now
- Fixed minor memory leaks
Please be sure to also update Transloader on your Mac!
If you've ever seen something in your phone that you would like to download. Maybe a free album being given away, maybe the latest iOS update, maybe a random document you need. Whatever the case is, Transloader lets you send the link to you Mac where you can download it & have it ready for when you get home.
It's an app I don't use all the time but when I do it works flawlessly.
Great idea, but...
It doesn't seem to work well with files of a substantial size. It needs to be more aggressive in resuming / retrying downloads. Anything over a gigabyte rarely succeeds.
However, the dev is VERY responsive and tracked me down to get more details and let me know he was working on the problem. So the app and dev both show promise! For now, it does work most of the time. Some servers are just more temperamental than others.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Matthias Gansrigler
- © Eternal Storms Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.