TripAdvisor Hotels Restaurants
By TripAdvisor LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Millions of traveler reviews, photos, and maps from TripAdvisor. Know better, book better and go better. With over 350 million reviews and opinions by travelers, TripAdvisor makes it easy to find the lowest airfare, best hotels, great restaurants, and fun things to do, wherever you go. And booking options for hotels, restaurants and flights are just a tap away.
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers' Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants and reserve tables online
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover places near your current location
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
• Download maps, reviews, and your saves for over 300 cities worldwide onto your phone for free; avoid using expensive data roaming plans while you travel
• Support for Apple Watch. The TripAdvisor Apple Watch app shows you the best places to eat, play and stay wherever you are. Want to visit the suggested places later? Just save it on your Apple Watch and view it later on your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad or on TripAdvisor.com
Note: We optimized this app to conserve battery power and only use GPS where necessary. However please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The app uses your location to send you personalized hotel, restaurant, attraction and vacation rental recommendations as well as remember the places you visited via our Travel Timeline feature. These locations are collected even if the app is in the background. Location settings can be configured in the Settings app.
What's New in Version 23.2.2
Thanks for using TripAdvisor! We bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks.
Refined overall design & user experience: Enhancements to navigation and the overall experience including refreshed Hotels, Restaurants, Attractions, Vacation Rentals and Flights screens
Bug fixes and stability improvements
I use the forums regular
I really like TA for the local Forums and use them to plan trips and to ask questions while I'm already on a trip. Usually, someone will reply fairly quickly!
Also, I like the "near me now" function while I'm out & about in a new place. Sometimes I would have missed a great place just around the corner from where I'm walking had it not been for this feature.
As far as ratings go, it's a good place to start but I realize that it's less reliable than it used to be.
Used to be my favorite app until
Trip advisor used to be my favorite travel app until the recent updates. It used to let me mark places I have been to and save places that I want to visit. Right now you can only save a place to your "trips" which is a weird category to save lists. Why should I save a list of places under trips if I live in that city? I used to use the app almost everyday even thought I am not traveling. Just wanted to see what are around in the city and places I haven't been. Now I use yelp more often. That's sad.
Don’t go anywhere without checking Trip Advisor first!
I won’t go anywhere without looking it up on TripAdvisor first. I use this for hotels, restaurants and things to do. I used to use yelp for some of these things, but they allow people to pay to remove bad reviews - uh uh. Now I just use Trip Advisor.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 23.2.2
- Size: 249 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: TripAdvisor
- © 2017 TripAdvisor LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes