TripAdvisor Hotels Restaurants
By TripAdvisor LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Millions of traveler reviews, photos, and maps from TripAdvisor. Know better. Book better. Go better. With over 500 million reviews and opinions by travelers, TripAdvisor makes it easy to find the lowest airfare, best hotels, great restaurants, and fun things to do, wherever you go. And booking options for hotels, restaurants and flights are just a tap away.
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• We compare prices from 200+ hotel booking sites to find the lowest price on the right hotel for you
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers' Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants and reserve tables online
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover places near your current location
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
• Download maps, reviews, and your saves for over 300 cities worldwide onto your phone for free; avoid using expensive data roaming plans while you travel
Note: We optimized this app to conserve battery power and only use GPS where necessary. However please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The app uses your location to send you personalized hotel, restaurant, attraction and vacation rental recommendations as well as remember the places you visited via our Travel Timeline feature. These locations are collected even if the app is in the background. Location settings can be configured in the Settings app.
What's New in Version 23.8
Thanks for using TripAdvisor! We bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks.
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Faster photo upload experience
9 out of 10 negative reviews are rejected while 100% of positive reviews are accepted. This is why every hotel has an artificially high rating. So regardless of if you’re checking up on category 5 Ritz or a middle of nowhere motel overrun by bed bugs, you’ll only see happy people checking in with 4 of 5 stars. It makes bad hotels appear good. At the same time it punishes good hotels by drowning them in sea of biased reviews! Talk about abusing customer trust! Perhaps there is a conflict on interest moderating reviews for the same hotel they’re trying to sell. I’m glad their stock is sinking like a rock. It’s time they return to their roots and regain customer trust. Till then, I will never spend a dime via Trip Advisor. Update: They have been caught deleting reviews from users who was assaulted or raped at hotel resorts. Update 2: Apple is now deleting negative TripAdvisor app reviews. Not very ethical and a disgrace to the assault victims that were silenced by Trip Advisor (and now Apple).
This app comes in handy when gathering perspectives on something you’re about to visit / try. However, I do recommend the app being updated to allow the original author to go make minor corrections to his/her review after submission without having to completely delete it and start over. Along with that recommendation, I believe a review submission monitor should have to review and approve the change to avoid reviewers totally changing the meaning of their original post. Additionally, for some reason this app doesn’t pull up all my photos on the iPhone 7 which hinders me from uploading pictures with my review.
My best guide for new places
I used TA for any trip even in places I have been before, wether in USA or elsewhere in the world. Very useful infos from other travelers. We have used it recently for our trip to Lisbon to find a good private tour , we booked it in advance and were not disappointed. Used it in Paris too and discovered a fun activity called the Bustronome (I left a review). It gives you good addresses for restaurants and hotels . I like the ranking which , so far, in my opinion has been accurate.
I always check it out . Very useful!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 28, 2017
- Version: 23.8
- Size: 246 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: TripAdvisor
- © 2017 TripAdvisor LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes