Trusted Contacts is a personal safety app that opens a direct line of sharing between you and your loved ones.
• Add your closest friends and family as trusted contacts.
• Allow trusted contacts to request your location. If everything’s fine, you can deny the request. If you’re unable to respond, your last known location is shared automatically within a custom timeframe (works even if you’re offline or your phone is out of battery).
• Proactively share your location if you feel unsafe or find yourself in an emergency.
• Schedule a location alert for a future time.
• Integration with Google Maps location sharing, so you can easily enable permanent location sharing with selected contacts and find them directly within Google Maps.
Whether you’re online or offline, in an emergency or just need reassurance, Trusted Contacts connects you with the people you care about most at the times you need them most.
Ratings and Reviews
This has been great so far!
I love this app thus far. I’m going to upgrading to a Samsung, my mom will still have and iPhone and even though I’m grown worries about me. So I am happy to have found this app now she can still know where I am and I am able to know where she is. Then only thing that I have seen that I don’t like is I have to start sharing my location again after 24 hours. But the good thing is the app sends you a notification that your no longer sharing your location. Then all you have to go is open the app and press the share location. Not a big deal but without that notification I wouldn’t remember!
Me encanta (for the most part)
Great concept/use case. I agree with another reviewer that building this into an iOS Google Contacts app would have been super duper—in fact, I wish Google would build multi-purpose, Swiss army knife apps more often (e.g. Waze/Google Maps; Gmail/Inbox) [/digression]. I've encountered a few kinks in this version which I'm sure the dev team will squash. It seems to be pretty respectful of battery thus far (pings few and far in between), and yes, I'll take this over Find My Friends or any Apple app any day.
can’t open then not really working
I thought finally have a trust app for my family across all phone platforms. However, after I installed it to my iPhone. The app can’t open.
Tried again today and it finally installed. I was supposed it worked like the iOS find my friends APP. However, after the first used, I checked the location of another phone, the APP says updated 4 hrs ago. Hello! I set these two phones always share location each other and you told me it updated 4 hours ago? There was no way to “request” current location either after you set always share location. Sooooo disappointed!
- Google, Inc.
- 99.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Macedonian, Nepali, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.