Turf Wars – Location Based Mafia
By MeanFreePath LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get in on the real-time GPS action happening in YOUR neighborhood!! Do you have what it takes to be the Capo of your city?
“…the GPS element sets this game apart” – The Times of London: RATED 4/5 Stars
“a trailblazer” – The Guardian: RATED top 10 free iPad game
RATED A- – The Onion A.V. Club
Turf Wars is the massively multiplayer online game where you claim and defend your favorite real-world places from other mobsters. Stake your claim on your neighborhood, your favorite bar or restaurant, your school or workplace – the city is yours for the taking!
Start off as a lowly street punk and rise through the ranks to become the biggest mobster in your area! Run realistic missions, fight local mobsters, seize territory, and deal with the cops to gain more influence and take over your city.
– Control REAL territory in your city and around the world!
– Build and defend your turf using dozens of realistic weapons and upgrades.
– Capture other player’s turf and make it your OWN!
– Make other players to pay you protection money for their turf’s “safety”
– Send messages to your friends, enemies, and mob members.
– Deal with local law enforcement as you grow your empire
– Invite your friends to build the most powerful mob in your city!
– View worldwide and local high rollers
– Free updates!
– Works on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (OS 8.0 or higher required)
– Fight and take over other players’ turf for your chance to become the Capo of your city!
This app utilizes data from OpenStreetMap (https://www.openstreetmap.org) when using the “OpenStreetMap” geocoder option. All data © OpenStreetMap contributors.
Your device must be running OS 8.0 or higher and be connected to the Internet to play. For best results, Location Services should be enabled on your device.
What's New in Version 2.85
- New map icon for knocked-out turf!
- OpenStreetMap geocoder now the default
- bug fixes & performance enhancements
Too forceful, probably a fed game
Right away it asks to turn on GPS. It says you cannot access full features of the game without GPS on. There's lots of problems with this: 1) Privacy - not everyone wants their phone location revealed 24/7. 2) Battery - location kills your juice quick. 3) Forcing location without a clear way to use a custom location typed in? That tells me the Feds are probably behind this game. Thanks, but... No thanks.
It's only fun, it just seems like it has so much content in, and also you have to pay to get energy and that's the sad part
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 22, 2016
- Version: 2.85
- Size: 32.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MeanFreePath LLC
- © 2016 MeanFreePath LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 500 Respect Point Pack$19.99
- 100 Respect Point Pack$4.99
- 15 Respect Point Pack$0.99
- 225 Respect Point Pack$9.99
- 50 Respect Point Pack$2.99
- 1000 Respect Point Pack$39.99
- 375 Respect Point Pack$14.99
- 2500 Respect Point Pack$89.99