TV Show King
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Become King of a TV trivia show!
“Gameloft's TV Show King, based on a WiiWare game, presents a full-featured trivia-based game show with many bonus features, making it THE BEST IN THE APP STORE right now…” (IGN.com)
“One of the best party games” (Gamespot) is now available for your iPhone. Try to answer fun and challenging trivia questions competing in single or multiplayer mode with your friends. TV Show King will challenge your brain! Now, get ready... get set... and go play TV Show King!
- Have fun and test your general knowledge with more than 3,000 questions on all kinds of subjects in a game that's both serious and hilarious.
- Customize your character for a truly immersive experience.
- Numerous entertaining topics including music, cinema, entertainment, history, geography, sports, common knowledge, fun, and pop culture.
- Unique multiplayer modes with real-time quizzes: play online with players all over the world or with your friends and upload your scores to see who's the best!
- A truly animated TV set with colorful characters, including a host, a DJ, and a cheering crowd.
- Turn the wheel to spice up the game: double your winnings, lose everything, or swap your cash!
- Tensions rise with increasing difficulty and higher stakes!
"TV Show King graciously offers online multiplayer and solid single-player quizzes that are a royal treat" (8/10 -PocketGamer)
Recommended for fans of quiz and party games.
Warning: Experience may vary during online play due to a variety of factors, including your network settings, phone battery, connection area, and/or other factors.
Published and distributed by Gameloft.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
This update fixes the crash issues and improves stability
problems problems and more problems
got this game, and paid it more than what it deserve....why? because it crash :) Play a little....it crash, restart...crash again. Was not able to finish a match (the questions are so simple...was I supposed to loose after few matches? so if i get all right answers the game crash? wow!); played 3 times and now is sitting in my paid app cemetery (itunes app section); had more fun with other trivia games than with this one (even free ones) -Questions too easy -the other players often get the right answer, so you simply wait to see what they select and you always win if in doubt -it crash +the graphic is very nice +the concept is interesting Suggested only if you can't live without all the trivia games available on the app store; otherwise avoid until they put a patch to this game.
Buzz! Ding! It can get better!
As for being a trivia game, it's a lot like the Buzz series, just with a bonus wheel, ala Wheel of Fortune. Voiceovers do get repetitive and hearing the same stuff over and over again gets annoying. Character customization is okay, but since it's based off the Wii game, the characters look a lot like them; shirts and pants are solid colors, but some wacky faces. The game's questions are fun to answer and it should be updated again with even more; questions should NOT repeat itself until after a year or so. I would love a 2 player hotseat mode, instead of local network. This can get better, albeit the low scoring reviews.
Best Game Show App
This game is alot of fun and definately one of the best if not the best game show application. I own Million Dollar Password, The Price is Right, and this one. I have played Deal Or No Deal and it is not very fun. The only game show application I haven't played is Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. But from my experience, TV Show King is probably the most fun with The Price Is Right behind it. However, some of the questions are repetitive and there are not enough people online! I believe 2.99 is a more reasonable price, but worth the 4.99. It's a time consuming, fun quiz show, with some fairly tough questions.. So Buy It!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 21, 2008
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2008 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.