A very easy to use audio editor and recorder.
With TwistedWave, you can:
- Copy and paste your audio,
- Undo/redo instantly,
- Apply effects, such as fade in/out, delay, compressor/limiter, pitch shifting/time stretching, amplify or normalize the audio to a given level, filter to adjust the level of the low or high frequencies,
- Record audio from other applications using Audiobus.
Different file formats and exporting options are available to share your audio:
- WAV, AIFF, CAF, AAC, MP3 and FLAC audio support,
- Import/export audio with iTunes file sharing,
- Import files from the iPod library,
- Send your audio by mail,
- Email a link to an audio file,
- Upload to an FTP or SFTP account,
- Import and export files from/to Dropbox and Box.com,
- Use AudioCopy/Paste to share audio with other applications,
- Send an audio file to another application,
- Browser access to allow downloading and uploading files from/to TwistedWave.
The free "TwistedWave Recorder" application is the same as "TwistedWave Audio Editor", but with the editing and extra export functions available through in-app purchases.
- The iOS dictation didn't work in TwistedWave,
- Fixed a couple of crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Works really well!
Similar to audacity, not quite as many features. Does have easy tempo change, reversal of bad words, fade out, and more basics! Also LOVE the fact that you can text your final edits and not just email!
iPod Library Import Not Working
It used to be great how I could import my music into TwisedWave Audio Editor using the iPod Library selection in the Import menu.
But, for the last two updates or so, on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 11.4, well this function isn't working for me anymore. I click the iPod Library button and it looks like it is going to load that menu for a second. But, then it just goes back to the home menu in the app. I don't understand what is going on?
I've owned this brilliant audio editor application for years and being able to use the iPod Library import feature was always very important and helpful to me. Would you please fix that and put out an update so that this function will work again on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 11.4 please?
It would mean so much to me if you would please look into this issue and problem I'm experiencing with the app and fix it please. Thank you if you will, I would be very grateful and thankful. And also, thanks so much for this one of a kind audio editor application.
There is nothing on the App Store that even comes close to the top tier, professional quality of TwisedWave in my opinion. Thanks again if you'll fix this problem I'm having. And thanks to the developer for all of the time, hard work and dedication you've put into this amazing app over the years. I'm so grateful for that support to this app and us users, thank you.
App Help wrong.
By copy/pasting. It is possible to copy and paste audio between TwistedWave and other applications. In editing mode, tap the AudioCopy icon, in the lower right hand corner, and select "AudioPaste". There, you will be able to select an audio clip that was copied from another application.
Above is from the in app Help. In edit mode there are no icons (except for the "+" in the bottom left, which is inaccessible while edit is open understandably.)
There's no excuse for those "basic" oversights.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.