Two Worlds II™ Castle Defense
By TopWare Interactive AG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Two Worlds II Castle Defense is a strategy game set in the high-fantasy universe of Antaloor. Defend imperial commanders by enlisting and managing Emperor Gandohar's imperial forces. Employ a range of units to defend imperial interests, including Swordsmen, Archers, and Priests.
Emperor Gandohar’s stronghold at Oswaroth has been threatened by encroaching Orc armies. Take command of your troops and lead them into battle against the enemy horde! Unraveling events will lead you on the search for Maliel’s Thrones, ancient artifacts sought after by Emperor Gandohar in his endless, ever-darkening quest for power.
- Campaign Locations Include Desert Ruins, Forest Camp, Cemetery
- Arena Challenges Allowing 5-10 Minute Skirmishes
- Storyline Foreshadowing Gandohar's Rise and the Events of Two Worlds II
- 2 Playable Characters Each With Unique Special Abilities
- 6 Playable Units Each Upgradable to 8 Levels
- 98 Different Enemy Units and 30 Distinct Classes
- Advanced Unit Management Including Stealth and Teleportation
- Rejoin Beloved Characters and Locations From Two Worlds II
- Remastered Musical Score From Two Worlds II
- OpenFeint with leaderboards and achievements
- Dynamic Character Shadows
- Full Day and Night Cycle
- Fullscreen 4x anti-aliasing on the iPhone
- Up to 50 Units Simultaneously On-Screen
- HD Character Models
- Rich 3D Environments with static lighting
- Advanced particle system
- Environment effects such as fog, desert storm and heavenly rays
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Unlocking next level after finishing the game after the 5th attack in the previous one
Game Center integration
Retina display support
50% PRICE CUT!
Good but flawed.
This is probably the best tower defence game I've played, but it has plenty of problems. First off, the difficulty. On the easiest mode, things were fun until the last level where the game decides to just start spawning enemies wherever it wants, ruining any kind of strategy. The final wave has this giant demon thing that takes way to much damage and can kill any unit in one hit. I'd be amazed if anyone actually beat that. Next, the ai can be a bit dumb, attacking an enemy ten feet away insteal of the one currently stabbing them. Overall though, it is a cool concept with great visuals (models for units and enemies are fantastic) and is worth buying for any fan of the Two Worlds series.
Any possibility of updating anytime in the near future ... 2 YEARS since last update??? I'd say its due
Previous review :
BUT, I'm glad I waited till the price dropped to .99 though. Would not have been worth $5, and darn sure not the original $10. Very good game for .99. Only crashed once. I agree with the other reviews, it needs at least double the levels that it has and the weapons could be a little more imaginative. Great game but there's plenty of room for improvement, let's see some updates!
The update fixed the difficulty problem, and the price was lowered appropriately. It was worth the money---I completed the campaign, and hope the next update brings more levels.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 27, 2011
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 84.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TopWare Interactive AG
- © 2011 Zuxxez Entertainment AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.