By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.79.2
We’ve made design and localization updates to improve the Uber experience around the globe.
** Uber saves time by connecting you to a driver as quickly as possible. If you like the service, please consider using those extra few minutes to review our app. **
$20 coupon: UBERPL90
First of all, if you haven’t taken a ride yet make sure you use the coupon UBERPL90 to get $20 off your first ride! Enter it right before you request a ride in the promotions tab. Might as well try it out since it probably won't cost you a thing!
The app is easy to use and intuitive, giving you important info like the driver’s face, phone number, and car make/model. It’s amazing how quick and seamless the entire process is. A car comes to your door within minutes of pressing a button! The drivers are real people, they are very polite and their cars are clean! Some even come with complimentary water and candy! Even if you want to charge your phone, a lot of drivers have car chargers at your ready! UberX is definitely cheaper than your average cab. After all this, I don’t see why you would ever use a cab again. Even if you want to get a black car on the occasional night out, it’s still cheaper and more convenient than hiring your own private driver.
The customer support is also fantastic. I got overcharged on one of my trips and I didn’t have to say anything more than a comment on my driver feedback to get a refund. I’m very happy and I hope Uber continues to exceed my expectations in not only the app but customer service! I also prefer Uber much more than other competitors, mainly because they have so much more supply and cars are always just a few minutes away, and price is usually the cheapest.
Too good for its own good
I write this review from the back of a cab. While I realize this forum is more about the app, I feel the need to warn newcomers about rampant surge pricing that Uber employs. Virtually ever time of every day is surge pricing for Uber X. I would just assume you be honest and raise the price, rather than boast about low pricing only to jack up the price at every turn under the guise of supply and demand. It's 10:30 on a Thursday night and the surge is 2 times the price. I've started using Flywheel to call cabs from an Uber-like service. It's been much more reliable price wise, not to mention that I don't have to deal with all the Uber X drivers who live 50 miles away and haven't the first clue about where anything is in San Francisco and rely on the Uber GPS to take you the most convoluted route. What was once the greatest thing since sliced bread is now a crusty crumb of its former self.
You would think his would have been around several years ago. Smh. I know Damon from Shark Tank wish he didn't pass up on Uber. Lol. Uber is where it's at. Simply awesome. Never had any issues yet. I like the fact I'm able to see the person who's picking me up and they can see me. No cash and everything is electronic. How much easier and safer can it get??
And the fact that any car you get from Uber has to be at least 5 years old or newer, that rocks. I won't have to worry about a lemon picking me up and breaking down two miles from my house.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 27, 2015
- Version: 2.79.2
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.