“There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
“A train traveller’s godsend.” - PC Advisor Magazine
“Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station.” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- ‘Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit the Add Favourite button to create a new favourite.
- Share journey information by SMS or email, or add it to your calendar.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but recent Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
* Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
UK Train Times uses analytics to collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable usage data. For more information, visit http://agant.com/analytics.
Updated station database.
Ratings and Reviews
Out of date station database but great application
The station database is over a year old an is missing new stations such as Cambridge North. However the application is very good and essential from UK train travel. The support link does not work and the last update was a year ago so I wonder if this application is no longer supported.
I use this app daily. I travel all over the UK by rail and I'm not on a set schedule each day. It is flawless. It shows you all the reasonable alternatives and how long they'll take, plus how many changes are involved. It gives you full details like which platform you'll need, which train operator is running the service, and real-time information like whether the particular train is late or not. Several times I have told my colleagues "we should plan to get an early train because our usual train is running late" or "Let's take the 14:38 train because it has only 1 change, and the 14:55 has two changes." I have all that sort of info in real time, while we're planning the rest of our day. I never travel on the rails without it.
Fantastically useful program
This was recommended by another rail travelling friend.
It is easy to use and works very quickly pulling information down.
It takes all the hassle out of seeing what the time the next train is and whether there are any delays expected.
As it knows where you are in real-time it is also useful to find the nearest station when you are away from home.
If you could purchase tickets on-line too that would be brilliant. You could then collect them at the at the station to save time.
An essential program for anyone using UK trains.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.