Unlistr - Clean Up and Block Unwanted Email
By Chaos Doctor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unlistr is an email productivity app that helps you select and automatically unsubscribe unwanted email. Using patent-pending technology, Unlistr relays unsubscribe requests when safe, processes unsubscribe links and performs other automated unsubscription tasks.
"Download Unlistr, the anti-suck." ~Virgin Mobile
"Easily unsubscribe from your unwanted junk emails!" ~Komando.com App of the Day
"Not only has Unlistr helped me eliminate unnecessary emails, but I found the process quick and easy to setup." ~AppAdvice.com
Unlistr also provides customizable features such as the ability to add multiple email accounts and target folders/archives. Full list of features:
• Directly and securely connects to your mail server via IMAP/POP over SSL/TLS
• Supports app-specific password if your email service uses two-factor authentication methods
• Native app that does not require cloud or API access to your email (i.e., your email address and password are NOT sent to us)
• Works with any email account that supports IMAP/POP including @me, @mac, @hotmail, @live, @gmail, @yahoo, @rocketmail, @ymail, @sbcglobal, etc.
• Safely unsubscribes - Unlistr skips mailing lists that have been blacklisted
• Works on almost all newsletters, retailer ads, advertisement listservs, shopping websites, etc.
• Maintains an ignored list
• Scans 50 emails at a time
Unlistr is FREE, but better with PRO!
• Unsubscribe from your notification bar
• Scans up to 1,000 emails per scan
• Schedule scans periodically to keep your email tidy
• Scans sub-folders / labels (IMAP only)
• Adds and scans multiple accounts at once
• Priority support team
• Constantly updated unsubscribe definitions and detection system
IS THIS SAFE?
Unlistr works in a secure local area on your device. We don't collect or know your e-mail address, password or e-mails. Furthermore, unlike other services, Unlistr does not have a "cloud" server that needs "access" to your email through a web service or API. All of Unlistr's magic occurs on your device itself locally using your device's processor and memory. By way of example, Unlistr works similar to Outlook on your PC, Sparrow on your Mac or iPhone mail on your phone.
Second, Unlistr supports TLS/SSL encryption in your incoming and outgoing settings. Most email services provide TLS/SSL by default (e.g., Gmail, Me, Yahoo, etc). This means that when you setup, scan and unsubscribe your email from junk, your connection is encrypted.
Third, Unlistr avoids senders that have been blacklisted by the internet community, which can prevent you from receiving more spam.
WHAT DON'T I GET IN THE FREE VERSION?
The free version only scans 50 emails at a time. Also, it can't scan labels and sub-folders, scan multiple accounts or schedule periodic scans. You also won't get priority support from us.
WON'T I GET MORE SPAM?
We've integrated technology to skip mailing lists that have been blacklisted by the internet community. However, always be cautious about unsubscribing from un-trusted sources or illegal email (e.g., emails from countries that don't honor anti-spam laws).
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Using a proprietary algorithm, Unlistr scans and detect emails that are part of subscription marketing lists (e.g., sale advertisements, daily news, etc). Second, simply check and swipe away the lists you don't want.
DOES UNLISTR HIDE EMAILS VIA LABELS, FOLDERS OR 3RD PARTY FILTERS?
No. Unlistr doesn't hide unwanted emails into labels... it stops it from coming in the first place by executing unsubscribe actions on your behalf.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
We've reached the 2.0 milestone! New features:
• Fixed upgrade crash issue
• New design and split screen on iPad
• Better Gmail Apps support and easier email setup
• Supports "app specific passwords" with two-step authentication
• Auto support for Mail.com, Zoho, ATT, Comcast, Outlook and more
• Start a scan, close Unlistr and get push notified when results are ready
• Check off items to unsubscribe, close Unlistr and get push notified when unsubscribing complete
• Now auto-updates with new unsubscribe definitions
• Now auto replies with unsubscribe in subject when applicable
• Performance improvements
To provide continuous updates and more consistent experience to our users, Unlistr Pro is now available as an in-app subscription. The subscription enables Pro users to receive premium support and unsubscribe definition updates. We have discontinued the stand-alone Unlistr Pro app. However, Unlistr Pro 1.5 will continue to receive unsubscribe definition updates.
Beware Of What You Block
The way this app works is by scanning your email & then asking what you want to unsubscribe from but what they don't tell you is that if you unsubscribe from future emails from ANY site, you can never even visit that site again even if unsubscribing was a mistake. There's no way to reverse this action even if you delete this app.
Still loving Unlistr
Want an easy way to unclutter your inbox? Unlistr is the answer. I am always amazed just how well it finds and correctly unsubscribes those pesky, annoying emails that I otherwise ignore. In pursuant to the IMAP support, Unlistr is top notch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 06, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 26.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: J&H Web Technologies, LLC
- © 2010-2012 J&H Web Technologies, LLC. Patent Pending.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlistr Pro Application$1.99
- 3 Month Pro Subscription$1.99
- 12 Month Pro Subscription$5.99
- 6 Month Pro Subscription$3.99