The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Creative Play
By StoryToys Entertainment Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Apple Best of 2016 *
* Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice *
* Teachers With Apps Top Pick *
* Tech With Kids Best Pick App *
Inspired by Eric Carle’s beautiful, original artwork, and featuring the much-loved Very Hungry Caterpillar™, this stunning app is designed to spark your child’s creative exploration, cultivate imaginative thinking and encourage artistic expression.
Your little ones will love exploring and experimenting with shape, color and texture, inspired by the creator of the world’s favourite caterpillar! Faithful to the vision of Eric Carle and to his own techniques as an artist, the app provides a simple, intuitive and compelling experience stimulating children to express themselves with beautiful, vibrant artwork.
Budding artists can draw, paint, color, design and create in unique ways:
- Using templates of their favorite Eric Carle characters including The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, Brown Bear and many more.
- Making beautiful collages by cutting out a variety of original Eric Carle textures and tissues
- Creating unique artwork freehand on a blank canvas
As little fingers play and explore they’ll discover all sorts of fun features!
• Over 40 unique textures and papers based on Eric Carle’s beautiful hand-painted collage illustrations
• A range of templates from Eric Carle’s best-selling books - The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, Brown Bear, The Mixed Up Chameleon, Mister Seahorse, The Very Quiet Cricket and many more
• Blank canvases - let your imagination run wild!
• Experiment with layering: group or ungroup objects or rearrange layers with simple touch gestures
• Save and view your masterpieces in your very own gallery
• Seasonal surprises throughout the year
• Featuring full support for Force Touch on relevant devices
• Compatible with the Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Creativity App is part of a series of innovative educational apps based on the works of Eric Carle. Others in the series include award-winning The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ – Shapes & Colors and the global bestseller, My Very Hungry Caterpillar™:
* Winner of the 2015 Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award *
* Winner of the 2016 Kidscreen Award *
* The #1 Kids app in over 30 countries *
* Children's Technology Review, Top 10 Essential Apps for a Child’s First iPad *
* Tech With Kids Best Pick App Award *
What's New in Version 1.2
Bug fixes and optimisations
I downloaded this app for my grand daughter
She is two and while the tracing is to hard for her still she loves it! She colors and paints and cuts circles and really enjoys it. More interesting is that I LOVE this app! Make one for big people and you will sell it like crazy! More pictures and more textures. Maybe a better color box for painting. I would pay money for it! Please!
Very difficult, no instructions, not worth it
You basically trace and cut out "paper" but it's hard to trace the small shapes and you can't zoom in and out. There are no instructions. For a paid app I'm not impressed. There are free apps that are similar and better.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 99.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- © StoryToys 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.