By Viber Media SARL.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 516 million Viber users text, make HD-quality phone and video calls, and send photo and video messages worldwide over Wifi or 3G - for free.* Viber Out can be used to make calls to non-Viber mobile and landline numbers at low rates. Viber is available for many smartphones and platforms.
On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.
• Message your friends
• Make free phone and video calls with HD sound quality
• Share photos, videos, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
• Create group messages with up to 100 participants
• Become an Admin and manage your group chats; edit info and delete participants
• Download stickers from the Sticker Market to make messaging fun!
• Follow Public Chats – get on the inside with your favourite celebs, brands and personalities; watch their conversations unfold in real-time, ‘like’ comments and share multi-media content
• Play games with Viber characters, Violet and Legcat; see how many coins you can earn
• Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a call or message, even when Viber is off
• Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows, Mac, Linux and Windows 8
Localized to: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (SP), Chinese (TR), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Portuguese (PT), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese
Viber is completely free with no advertising.
We value your privacy.
Follow us for updates and news:
Facebook - http://facebook.com/viber
Twitter - http://twitter.com/viber
(*) Network data charges may apply
What's New in Version 5.4.2
v5.4.2 - We fixed the bug causing some users the loss of conversation data when upgrading. Sorry about that.
Excrllent APP very easy to use
VIBER makes it possible for me to stay in touch with my extended family spread all across the world from where ever I am on travel. Voice quality is excellent. I do find that in general VIBER out rates are a big higher than competitors. So i use them when i have to call a non Veber phone.
I wish VIBER allowed choice if calls should proceed via WiFi or cellular. Right now I am roaming in Canada from USA and cellular roaming charges are over 1$/m. I discovered that if both WiFi and Cellular networks are on then by default VIBER calls proceed via cellular network. It cost me $8 before I learned to set Aero Plane Mode to turn off cellular network and makes calls via WiFi to avoid 1$/m charges.
Works very well on wifi
I've been in Taipei for a couple days now, and, having turned off my cellular data, I've only been using wifi, which is very easy throughout the city. I've noticed some infrequent digital-sounding effects to the voice calls, depending on the connexion strength, and sometimes there is a lag-time that causes me to hear my own voice through the other receiver, but overall this app has been extremely convenient in staying in touch with friends that don't have iMessage. It has so far exceeded my expectations, and I hope to be able to continue using it even after I purchase a cellular plan here in Taiwan. It allows group messaging, though conference calls are not an option as of yet,
Another way Viber beats WhatsApp
The dedicated iPad app is great, and it adds to the long list of features Viber has that WhatsApp does not. I use Viber frequently to talk, text, and share photos and stickers with friends and relatives on three continents. It is also great when I travel overseas and have wifi, but no cellular service. Viber is a much more personal form of communication than regular SMS texting. It is better than WhatsApp in every way. WhatsApp lacks video chat, doodles, stickers, games, option to call landlines, iPad support, etc. Viber is also easier to setup and use than Skype, Tango, or WeChat.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 5.4.2
- Size: 87.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viber Media SARL.
- © Viber Media S.à r.l.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viber credit pack$4.99
- Viber credit pack$0.99
- Viber credit pack$9.99
- Love Is All You Need$1.99
- Minions Movie Sticker Pack$1.99
- Despicable Me Sticker Pack$1.99
- Young Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- The Smurfs Sticker Pack$1.99
- Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- Eve and Freddie In Love Sticker Pack$1.99