Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
By Francis Bonnin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to 'Video 2 Photo' you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking 'The' good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With 'Video 2 Photo' this becomes feasible.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from your device.
Events and Albums are recognized.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG or JPEG files) in different ways:
- archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
- send it by email
- retrieve it via iTunes file sharing
- copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
- print it
- open it directly in another application supporting image import.
- and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
This application, can run on your iPhone and your iPad.
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
What's New in Version 1.7
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus support.
Frame by frame analysis for troubleshooting!
An indoor video I shot under flourescent lighting flickered rapidly, and I wasn't sure what caused this. With your tool, I discovered that every other frame had the same white balance; but alternating between daylight and tungsten. I am using a iPhone 6 plus with IOS8. Now to contact Apple with the evidence! Thanks!
Does just what it says it will do
Got a great video of my puppy in the snow for the first time but didn't take a single still photo. Thanks to this app I now have several! Easy to use, intuitive, works just like you'd hope. Thanks! Well worth two bucks.
Excellent App with Awesome Support
This is one fantastic tool for a variety of uses. Highly Recommended!
I think one of the ways you can give an App the honor it deserves is by saying: 'it does exactly what it says'.
This App is one of those that takes it to the next level because 'it does exactly what it says and more'.
It has some really useful features:
• allows portrait use
• allows landscape use
• tap to zoom (a close look at that image is super
• ability to crop prior to saving (or not)
All in all, this is a keeper!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 20, 2014
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Francis Bonnin
- © PacoLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.