Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
By Francis Bonnin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to 'Video 2 Photo' you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking 'The' good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With 'Video 2 Photo' this becomes feasible.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from the camera roll of your iDevice.
Events and Albums are recognized.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG or JPEG files) in different ways:
- archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
- send it by email
- retrieve it via iTunes file sharing
- copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
- print it
- open it directly in another application supporting image import.
- and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
This application, can run on your iPhone and your iPad.
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
This new 1.6 release is mainly related to iOS7 adaptations and fixes :
- New: Possibility to hide an export destination (in the Video 2 Photo section of the Settings application).
- New: Nicer crop constrain selection screen that also gives the possibility to define a precise ratio.
- New: Tencent Weibo export support.
- Change: Flat icon, status bar integration, new image background that reacts to user motion.
- Change: Improved Open-in export destination that gives more choices to the user (some of them may however be redundant with the other export destination).
- Fix: Avoid a crash of the application, under low memory conditions, when the movie reel is scrolled.
1.6.1 updates some App Store screenshots
Wonderful app - easy to use and just plain works
I was very excited to find this app. I have a lot of videos on my iPad of my kitty who passed away. I also have stills, but some shots would be impossible without a DSLR because of her movement. With this app, I'm able to get all sorts of fabulous, character-rich images. Of course, the still quality is limited to the image originally captured by the iPhone, which is not stellar at continuous focus in video, but sometimes I just want to use the image to sketch from, so that works fine. This enables me to capture action shots that I cannot sketch live. Awesome, and it really touches my heart to now have these images available to me. Thank you.
P.S. I know some people had problems with the app crashing when loading all their videos. I have a whole lot of videos on my iPad and it hasn't crashed. That may be because I have 64GB of memory or because these aren't all 1080p videos. At any rate, it works great for me.
Just what I needed!
Let me add myself to the list of others who rated this app 5 stars.
This app is definitely a must have and has more features than what I was expecting. V2P analyzes every piece of frame in whatever video you take whether from your iDevice or an imported a video. The main thing that I like is that it has a copy feature, so if you don't want to fill up your camera roll you can just copy and paste into another app.
I use only top notch photo apps like Handy Photo, Lens Flare, and Strip Designer for creating comics, so for me this works out really good and am able to have both apps running at the same time without no crash. I have an iPad 3 64Gig and not once have I experienced any problems. To Mr. Bonnin thank you for this for it makes work a lot more easier versus taking still screenshots of video from the iPad.
Where has this app been all my life!?
For anyone who has a baby who does not stand still long enough to capture those special moments (so anyone with the baby), buy this app now!!! I love it to much!! I spent my son's first year getting frustrated that I could never catch the moments I wanted because he kept moving and my camera had a terrible delay. With this app I just take videos all the time and then I'm able to easily pull out any picture I want and the resolution is awesome. Love love love it!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 02, 2013
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Francis Bonnin
- © PacoLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.