Video & TV Cast for Roku with Remote
By 2kit consulting
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch any web video or camera-roll video on your Roku and enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video caster.
With Video & TV Cast for Roku you can browse the web and stream any web video or online TV show on your Roku. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, video over https and of course Full HD are supported.
Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your Roku. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will start the show.
* COMPATIBILITY: Please test your favorite videos with the free app edition before upgrading! Compatibility may depend on your Roku device and firmware.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and other DRM protected videos like HBO now are not supported!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming.
* If a specific video does not cast, please check our FAQ. If that does not help, please give us a chance to help you by dropping a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for your video as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote: Control your Roku straight from your device or even with your Apple Watch. The remote works independed from video streaming and you can use it with other Roku channels as well.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Bookmarks: Add and manage as many bookmarks as you want, either in the bookmarks menu or directly in the browser.
* Remove Ads: Removes the sponsoring ads and gives the developers support for creating new features and updates. Please note: This upgrade will not block the ads that are part of websites that you visit. To remove website ads please purchase the additional Ad-Blocker upgrade.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites. You can enable/disable it at any time in the settings. Please note: To remove the sponsoring ads as well you need the additional Remove Ads upgrade.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: After purchasing this you can set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> USER FEEDBACKS
"You have saved my life - Honestly. I cannot thank you enough. This is probably the best app I have ever gotten. Purchased all of the addons immediately after I saw it worked. I hope you continue to develop, and I trust you see our emails :)"
AJ The Man, USA
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We want to say thank you for all your great support and kindly invite you to honestly rate our app. This helps us to keep up our app development and support for you.
If you have any feedback, feature requests or other request, please notify us at email@example.com
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Roku or one of its products or any other trademark mentioned here.
What's New in Version 1.10
- Bug fixes
I wish I knew of this app sooner!!
I rarely rate free apps but this has proved to be so useful in just 2 days using it that I felt it deserved the positive feedback. The interface is pretty easy to use, video plays right away after casting. I read complaints about ads popping up but have had no problems so far as I'm binge watching web episodes. If I knew it was this easy I would have stopped using my laptop attached to tv sooner. As it is, I've recently upgraded to a roku and found this app invaluable for those random web videos that you just want to play right away.
Great App. - must have for cord cutters
We finally cut the cord from the cable companies. We are so pleased with all the channels we can get for free with our antennae. With my Roku and this app. We can watch you tube that offers videos, live streaming etc....once again for free. Plus we can stream videos we have taken. It does not let us play from our photo stream, but hoping they will add this option soon. I thought I was going to have to buy an Apple TV but found this app instead.. This app connects with my iPad.
Doesn't let you play in background anymore
The app used to let videos play in the background so you can turn off your IPad screen. But now now it only gives you 3 mins in background or the app closes. So it forces you to leave the app and screen on. Doesn't let you use this app at the same time as another app. Doesn't cast on first try anymore, always takes a couple times to connect and a couple "No, it did not work" before the video casts. Not as good as it used to be.
Update: Another star lost as they have not changed the no background use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 11, 2016
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- © 2kit consulting
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition$5.99
- Local Videos$0.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze)$0.99
- Desktop Mode$0.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum)$4.99
- Change Homepage$0.99
- Remove Ads (Silver)$1.99