Videon - Video Camera and Editor with Zoom, Pause, Effects, Filters
By Lucky Clan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now with full iOS8/iPhone 6/6+ support. Videon contains all the features necessary to record great videos - from capture to editing to viewing. The goal is simple - perfect videos! We combined our knowledge of cinematography with advice from industry professionals to create the most extensive video app available. Videon is your one stop app for everything video.
See the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8XLWoFi5Pg
- Intuitive, comfortable interface
- Realtime Zoom controlled by a very intuitive Zoom Wheel (iPhone 4s+, iPod Touch 5th+, iPad 2+, on older devices video with zoom has to be rendered after recording, but it is still very smooth)
- Different resolutions - from Full HD down, including 2.35:1 cinema format
- Adjustable Frame Rate - you can set fixed rate, but also rate limit, for example from 24 to 30 FPS
- Support of iOS7 high framerates: 60fps and 120fps
- Video Stabilization
- HDR mode
- Save To App Documents, or to Camera Roll
- Pause Recording (iPhone 4s+, iPod Touch 5th+, iPad 2+)
- Take Photo during video recording (iPhone 4s+, iPod Touch 5th+, iPad 2+)
- Switch between front and back camera even while recording (iPhone 4s+, iPod 5th+, iPad 2+).
- Set Focus/Exposure point together or separately (double tap to reset)
- Audio Meter (iPhone 4s+, iPod Touch 5th+, iPad 2+)
- Set max Recording Duration
- HDR Video (iPhone 6/6+)
- Innovative Interface
- Detailed video information
- Fullscreen mode
- Marked new videos (for videos not older that 7 days, and not watched in fullscreen)
- Save To Camera Roll
- Import from Camera Roll
- Take Photo from video
- Double tap on thumbnail to open Editor
- 17 Color correction filters for simulation of cinematic effects, vintage film effects and more
- Adjust: Exposure, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Vibrance, Temperature, Highlights, Shadows; Sharpen, Blur, Straighten
- Effects: Speed (Slow Motion, Fast Motion), Reversing, Dust, Film Grain, Flicker, Chromatic Aberration, Invert, Vignette, Frames, Add Image
- Settings: Rotate (90/180/270), Change Aspect Ratio, Resize/Change Compression (with displaying final file size), FPS, Mute
- Combine effects in Editor for an authentic vintage film look.
- Realtime Preview of applied effects even when video is playing!
- Trim - with timeline zoom (tap and hold to zoom)
- Split video to 2 or more parts
- Merging videos
What's New in Version 2.11
- bug fixes
Better than Filmic Pro?
For some reason filmic pro video recorded using 5s or 6+ has this peculiar noise throughout the image even in bright light. For that reason I looked for an alternative to filmic pro that allowed manual exposure and focus settings. The resulting video is very clear.
I don't like the too sensitive dual exp and focus reticles that merge together if I tap one or the other. I think there is a way to set that to not do that. Because each time I set the exp then try to set the focus, if not done very delicately, the exposure reticle remedies back with the focus reticle and also resets the exposure at that new location. Waste moments resetting this when it happens. It will receive external mic input, but it sure if I can set audio levels to manual yet. Still exploring. Works on iPad Air and 6+.
The video noise in filmic pro also happens on both the 5s and 6+.
I took a star because of the hassle of not being able to keep the exposure and focus reticles from resetting, as well as not being able to control audio input manually when using external mic.
Great app! Until...
I loved this app. It was my go-to app for filming anything, and everything was great. I had a brief hiatus from using this app, and ever since I've started using it again, I've noticed some key features missing. For instance, I could've sworn I had more resolution options. My favorite selection (the 2.35 x 1 ratio option) has gone awol, in addition to adjusting the amount of image stabilization. I liked the cinematic option, which stabilized my picture to a nearly imperceptible amount of shake. Please reconsider taking away those features, as they are what separates this app from others in the herd.
I wanted to record one 10-second video. Just one 10-second video. I have enough space on my iPhone to hold said 10-second video. But Videon thinks it knows better! It simply refuses to record when (according to it) I have 2% or less HD space free! The amount of space I have free, while small, is MORE THAN AMPLE for a 10-SECOND VIDEO. I kept missing the shot I wanted because Videon kept simply refusing to record! I KNOW THE AMOUNT OF FREE SPACE I HAVE AND WHAT IT WILL HOLD. YOU DON'T MAKE THAT DECISION FOR ME. I subsequently switched to an app that actually works and respects its user like the user deserves to be respected. Videon did not work when I needed it to. It is utter trash, utter filth, and is utterly, utterly deleted from my phone. So glad I had grabbed it for free.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 08, 2014
- Version: 2.11
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Croatian, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Sylwester Los
- © Lucky Clan 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.