VIP Access for iPhone
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Symantec VIP Access helps protect your online accounts and transactions by using a strong authentication process when you sign in to your VIP-enabled accounts.
• Strong authentication: Provides strong, two-factor authentication when logging into your VIP-enabled accounts.
• VIP Access Proximity: Securely lock and unlock your computer using your mobile device.
• QR/App Code: Scan a QR Code to generate site-specific security codes for strong two-factor authentication to your favorite websites.
• ICE Workspace: Securely decrypt and display critical files for authorized users.
Use VIP Access at participating organizations such as eBay, PayPal, E*TRADE, Facebook, Google, or any one of the hundreds of sites within the VIP Network: :
VIP Access adds strong authentication to your normal login in one of the following ways:
• Dynamically generate a one-time use security code on your mobile device. Use that code along with your username and password.
• Receive a push notification on your mobile device that you approve as authentication.
• Use Touch ID or your security code in a push notification to authenticate yourself on your mobile device.
Note: Touch ID authentication requires that your mobile device is Touch ID capable and that you have registered a fingerprint on the device.
The strong authentication method you use depends on the method implemented by your participating organization.
You can generate a security code even if you do not have a network or mobile connection.
VIP Access Proximity (requires Mac)
When used with the VIP Access for Desktop app, VIP Access can securely lock and unlock your Mac computer with your mobile device. VIP Access will use your mobile device as a credential to unlock your computer when you are close to it, and to lock it when you move away.
• For greater security, you can require a Touch ID or push notification, in addition to device proximity, to unlock your computer.
• Using VIP Access Proximity, you can send your push notifications to a paired computer by enabling settings through Proximity screen.
To use VIP Access Proximity feature, download and install the VIP Access for Desktop on your computer from https://vip.symantec.com
Scan a QR Code at participating organizations such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more to generate a security code every 30 seconds to securely sign in. Enter this security code along with your password to add strong authentication to your favorite websites.
Symantec ICE lets your employees, partners, and trusted individuals securely share critical files and documents. Symantec ICE encrypt these files and lets you share them with others securely through email and cloud applications such as Box, Microsoft OneDrive. ICE Workspace decrypts and displays these files only for authorized users.
Be sure to read the VIP End User Agreement after downloading VIP Access: m.vip.symantec.com/eula.v
What's New in Version 4.2.2
This update has the following new features:
• Support for iOS 11
• Security enhancements and bug fixes
Won’t connect to watch
The Apple Watch app used to be my most used feature of the watch, but with the latest updates to the iPhone and watch OSs, the watch app always says it can’t connect to the phone unless the phone is on and the VIP Access app is open on it, making this completely worthless!
Works every time, and only takes seconds
Watch App fails to connect to phone
This app worked flawlessly under iOS 10 and watchOS 3. This version has problems with the watch app connecting to the iPhone. It connects sometimes and other times it doesn’t.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 14, 2017
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Symantec
- © 2017 Symantec Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.