Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone! As seen in the iPhone TV ads.
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
- Free app includes SmartPark parking spot finder, parking meter reminder, and guest membership in Viper Motor Club.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart module in your car, you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off (when installed with a Viper security system). You can even control your compatible home security system in one convenient, easy to use app.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart GPS module, you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- New for 3.0, add a Viper SmartStart Bluetooth® Module for lightning-fast response when closer to your vehicle, even when parked outside of cell network coverage.
- Also new for 3.0, cloud-connected features such as SmartSchedule and real-time Status makes the integration of car and smartphone more powerful than ever before.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. And, now the same convenient app also lets you arm and disarm your compatible home security system.
Includes these FREE features (no hardware or service plan required):
- SmartPark – Ever forgotten where you parked? SmartPark saves the location for you every time you lock your doors with Viper SmartStart.
- Viper Motor Club - Locked out? Need a tow? We've got your back. Download the app and sign up for a FREE guest membership to the Viper Motor Club and get 24/7/365 access to the Viper Motor Club's 30,000 licensed service providers.
Download the free app and check it out.
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, add family-friendly features such as HotSpot and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account
That’s all there is to it. Download the app and play around with the demo to see how it works.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 3.2
- Supports SmartKey (must have hardware)
- "Add a car" redesign of Cars page for adding bluetooth devices.
- Can have bluetooth devices as standalone on an active cars list.
- New iOS7 graphics UI redesign.
- Bug Fixes
Novelty Vehicle Alarm/GPS Sys.
Well I can't say anything that hasn't been said in previous reviews. It works we'll enough when it works. Many evening and late nights, it does not respond. It's not 100% reliable, sadly perhaps 85% (guessing). I partly blame AT&T's unreliable network as it uses it. I wish companies quit using GSM (AT&T) based networks in embedded technologies. They need to use Verizon's older yet reliable CDMA network if they don't need high speed 4G. I paid for this to work as the website indicates, but it does not which irritates me. So for now I generally use my Viper key fob 95% of the time. And another reviewer mentioned about his Home Alarm no longer being available, Viper has another dedicated app for that, and it has the vehicle alarm remote options there. This app is solely for the Vehicle Alarm so it seems going forward. Well thanks for reading my gripes. Thanks to Directed for the update finally, I hope it works better. Time will tell.
WHAT ILL LIKE TO SEE ADDED
Works great but I'll like to see when I turn my car on like a timer or something letting me know my cars on and how long it has left, instead of having to look at the status all the time to see if it's off ..
Also on my smart schedule is there a way I can program it where it turns on without asking me.. I have if set to turn on at 6am on my work day but if it's gonna ask me, then y set it I can just start it myself every morning .. I want it to just turn on at 6am without asking me.. Anyone know if I can do that??
Other than that I like the smart start .. 😁😁
No problems with me so far
I read a lot of reviews and almost half were negative. I was cautious to get the system for this app but did anyways. I've been using this for about a week now and I'm pretty impressed. It hasn't crashed on me nor has it froze up. All commands are received by my car every time. It all depends on your cell carrier and service provider plus the area you're in. I use Verizon and have no issues at all. I hope this review helps some.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 07, 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2012 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viper Pink$0.99
- Viper Responder Skin$0.99