Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of the 5.0 app and launch of Viper SmartStart Pro devices, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is faster and easier than ever.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive alerts if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car and get notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- Viper SmartStart Digital Systems provide the ultimate connected car experience, including engine status with runtime display, and other feedback directly from the vehicle databus.
- Want to protect an offroad vehicle, watercraft or other specialty vehicle? Now Viper Powersports GPS ultra-low current systems can be added to your SmartStart app. Disable the starter, locate your vehicle, or get alerts if someone moves one of your powersports vehicles.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Viper SmartStart GPS lets you locate your vehicle or get notified via alerts if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Viper SmartStart also includes membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire.
- Convenient widget provides quick access to sending commands
- Two new dashboards added that allow you to pick the layout and features most important to you
- Enhanced remote start feedback: the app confirms the command and then follows it up a few moments later to let you know if the engine is running, or stopped (digital systems only). The details are provided right on the dashboard too, no need to check your status page all the time.
- Enhanced command feedback: Now when you send a command to your SmartStart system, the app provides the details for the command right on the dashboard and keeps them there in case you forget and want to check back later to confirm what happened. Doors locked at 8:30AM? Check! (all systems)
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan (requires user to sign up via mysmartstart web site).
Added support for Viper SmartStart Pro devices
Ratings and Reviews
Great Time & Money Saver and All Round Cool App!
This app (along with the accessories installed in your vehicle) is AMAZING! I live in the Midwest and as you can imagine it gets cold during the winter, I use the app to start my car, let it warm up and melt any ice from my windshield. I even leave my heated seats on to warm up before I get in the car. I save time in the mornings by using the app while I’m getting ready or gathering all my stuff together before I leave for the day, the car is warmed up and ready to go when I am. Additionally, I can easily find my car in a large parking lot without having to search for it the app lets me know exactly where my car is. I have even gone to an event and left my keys in the car and used the app to unlock it-saved money on having to get a locksmith! The coolest thing, I can start my car wherever I am, no need to stay within 1,000 feet like other remote starts, you can be in the next town over or another state for that matter and start the car. It’s GREAT and I highly recommend you get the app and accessories!!
This app is garbage. It is flat unreliable. Seller likes to blame cell carrier and their coverage in my area, but I live in a major suburb of a major city with 5 bars of strength of coverage reported both by my phone and by this app, which reflects the strength of the coverage being reported by my smart start device. In other words there is no coverage issue at play, yet this app’s ability to unlock my car and or start my car works only roughly 25% of the time. It’s utterly pathetic. As a result I spend literally minutes standing outside of my car trying to get this app to cooperate and work and actually unlock my car. Meanwhile my fingers are frostbit, I can’t feel my phone, I’m miserable and frustrated and my car sits there, running and locked, and I can’t get in. Don’t trust these people. There are other products out there that actually work, and as soon as I can afford it, I will have this garbage product swapped out with one from a different brand.
Now the manuf can make a fake offer to help me in response to this review. Don’t buy it. They’ve offered in the past and then they just blame the carrier.
Exactly what I was looking for four years later
I purchased the viper SmartStart in 2013 on my jeep as it was brand new. It worked sporadically and had a mind of its own. They came out with a new module 350 model that said it would get better service. It did not and then ended up not working at all around June 2018. I was told and 350 module was outdated and they came out with a new module 450 where is rated for Alaska. I installed it August 18 and it is exactly what I was looking for five years ago. It gets great signal.. I can hit the car anywhere I like and all the features work exactly the way it was designed , unfortunately it took five years for them to work out the bugs and I’m the only one that pay the consequences as they kept charging me my subscription fee even though I have not really been using it for the last five years.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.